The movie trailer for We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks has been released.
Twenty-two year old Bradley Manning was a whistleblower arrested on suspicion of leaking a “collateral murder” video from Iraq to the website WikiLeaks, which publishes (no questions asked) all of the classified government records it can get its hands on. Creator of WikiLeaks, Julian Assange became an overnight sensation for his transparency advocacy and then went into hiding to avoid legal pressure.
There is also a fictional feature film on this topic being released in November of this year. Assange called that movie a “massive propaganda attack” on the company and its staff. It focuses more on the personal relationship between Assange and one of his colleagues. Sounds a lot like The Social Network.
I liked »
- Alex Corey
Similar News ItemsThe Social Network (2010)
- Endemol Shine Options Wall Street Novel ‘The Underwriting’ For TV Series (From Deadline TV. 20 May 2015, 4:29 PM, PDT)
- First look at Michael Fassbender in Steve Jobs (From Cineplex. 19 May 2015, 9:17 AM, PDT)
- Cannes: Jesse Eisenberg on 'Louder Than Bombs' and How He Doesn't Watch Movies (From Indiewire. 19 May 2015, 7:39 AM, PDT)
- The rise of Alicia Vikander (From The Hollywood News. 22 May 2015, 6:15 AM, PDT)
- WikiLeaks Adds Thousands Of Hacked Sony Emails To Website (From Deadline. 1 May 2015, 7:32 AM, PDT)
- WikiLeaks Adds Thousands of Hacked Sony Emails (From The Wrap. 1 May 2015, 5:35 AM, PDT)
Alex Gibney (I)
- AFI Docs To Includes 81 Films, Four World Premieres (From Variety - Film News. 20 May 2015, 6:01 AM, PDT)
- Albert Maysles, Les Blank, Alex Gibney and More Head for AFI Docs Fest (From Thompson on Hollywood. 20 May 2015, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- AFI Docs 2015 Lineup Features Albert Maysles, Alex Gibney and More (From Indiewire. 20 May 2015, 6:00 AM, PDT)