The movie trailer for We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks has been released.
Twenty-two year old Bradley Manning was a whistleblower arrested on suspicion of leaking a “collateral murder” video from Iraq to the website WikiLeaks, which publishes (no questions asked) all of the classified government records it can get its hands on. Creator of WikiLeaks, Julian Assange became an overnight sensation for his transparency advocacy and then went into hiding to avoid legal pressure.
There is also a fictional feature film on this topic being released in November of this year. Assange called that movie a “massive propaganda attack” on the company and its staff. It focuses more on the personal relationship between Assange and one of his colleagues. Sounds a lot like The Social Network.
I liked »
- Alex Corey
Similar News ItemsThe Social Network (2010)
- Tribeca Film Festival Highlights (From Variety - Film News. 16 April 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Watch: First Trailer for David Fincher’s Gone Girl (From Filmonic. 16 April 2014, 7:33 AM, PDT)
- Hey Sony! Pay David Fincher What He Wants to Direct Your Steve Jobs Movie (From GeekTyrant. 16 April 2014, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- Photo: Kit Harington In "Spooks" Film (From Dark Horizons. 14 April 2014, 7:32 AM, PDT)
- 'In the Name of the King 3' Interview with Director Uwe Boll | Exclusive (From MovieWeb. 3 April 2014, 8:16 AM, PDT)
- George Clooney and His New Girlfriend Look Really, Really in Love (From Popsugar. 3 April 2014, 6:45 AM, PDT)
Alex Gibney (I)
- Nas opens Tribeca Film Festival with 'Illmatic' documentary and concert (From Hitfix. 17 April 2014, 12:25 PM, PDT)
- Tribeca: Between Nas and 'Begin Again,' what are the festival's must-see movies (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 16 April 2014, 9:17 AM, PDT)
- 'Breaking Bad,' 'Scandal,' 'The Story of Film' Among This Year's Peabody Award Winners (From Thompson on Hollywood. 2 April 2014, 11:14 AM, PDT)