The movie trailer for We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks has been released.
Twenty-two year old Bradley Manning was a whistleblower arrested on suspicion of leaking a “collateral murder” video from Iraq to the website WikiLeaks, which publishes (no questions asked) all of the classified government records it can get its hands on. Creator of WikiLeaks, Julian Assange became an overnight sensation for his transparency advocacy and then went into hiding to avoid legal pressure.
There is also a fictional feature film on this topic being released in November of this year. Assange called that movie a “massive propaganda attack” on the company and its staff. It focuses more on the personal relationship between Assange and one of his colleagues. Sounds a lot like The Social Network.
I liked »
- Alex Corey
Similar News ItemsThe Social Network (2010)
- Danny Boyle’s Steve Jobs biopic begins production, full cast announced (From Flickeringmyth. 29 January 2015, 2:19 AM, PST)
- Danny Boyle’s Steve Jobs biopic begins production, full cast announced (From Flickeringmyth. 28 January 2015, 10:39 AM, PST)
- Most Adapted Screenplay Winners Are Adapted From Books (From Scott Feinberg. 28 January 2015, 7:52 AM, PST)
- Get to Know George Clooney's Wife, Amal (From Popsugar. 29 January 2015, 11:20 AM, PST)
- Oscars news: Benedict Cumberbatch on reality of 'The Imitation Game,' Channing Tatum joins 'Team Oscar' (From Gold Derby. 18 December 2014, 1:44 PM, PST)
- Benedict Cumberbatch Talks 'The Imitation Game' and His Horrible Math Skills (From Moviefone. 18 December 2014, 3:00 AM, PST)
Alex Gibney (I)
- Outrage Watch: Jesse Ventura blasts 'American Sniper' Chris Kyle (From Hitfix. 29 January 2015, 1:59 PM, PST)
- Daily | Sundance 2015 Index (t) (From Fandor: Keyframe (t). 29 January 2015, 12:17 PM, PST)
- Daily | Sundance 2015 Index (From Keyframe. 29 January 2015, 12:17 PM, PST)