Eli Roth’s latest collaborator/muse duo Nicolas Lopez and Lorenza Izzo are, if anything, even more enthusiastic than he is. Styling himself as a maverick film-maker, Lopez is known for oddball comedies in his native Chile, and is making his English-language debut with Aftershock, based on the events of the 2010 Chilean earthquake that he personally lived through.
The duo are bubbly, prone to good-natured joking, and have a lot to say about their love of genre movies.
Q1: Nicolas, I understand you started writing at quite a young age…
Nicolas Lopez: Yeah.
Q1: And then you created your own website. How did you go from that to then becoming a film director?
Nl: Ummmmm…..well. »
- Peter Shelton
Similar News ItemsQuentin Tarantino
- King Arthur wants to be cool but is he? (From Hitfix. 26 July 2016, 6:07 PM, PDT)
- ‘Let Me Make You A Martyr’ Shows Flashes Of Promise In An Otherwise Aimless Thriller [Review] (From The Playlist. 26 July 2016, 1:55 PM, PDT)
- Listen: Full-Length ‘Pulp Fiction’ Commentary Delves Into Tarantino’s Storytelling and Style (From The Film Stage. 25 July 2016, 8:25 AM, PDT)
Paranormal Activity (2007)
- ‘Nerve’ Review: ‘Pokémon Go’ Meets David Fincher’s ‘The Game’ In This Fun Summer Surprise (From Indiewire. 26 July 2016, 9:31 AM, PDT)
- Editorial: Why It’S Finally Time For Another Blair Witch Pt.1 (From Icons of Fright. 25 July 2016, 5:34 PM, PDT)
- Does the world need a 'Blair Witch' sequel? (From Hitfix. 25 July 2016, 3:31 PM, PDT)
- Eli Roth’s Crypt TV To Debut Horror Shorts Series On Chiller Network: Comic-Con (From Deadline TV. 20 July 2016, 7:46 AM, PDT)
- Eli Roth’s Crypt TV To Debut Horror Shorts Series On Chiller Network: Comic-Con (From Deadline. 20 July 2016, 7:46 AM, PDT)
- Horror Highlights: Hellraiser / Ghostbusters Crossover Pins, The Turning Excerpt, Forbidden Brides, El Terror, Model Hunger (From DailyDead. 15 July 2016, 8:02 AM, PDT)