News Simon Brew 22 Mar 2013 - 07:00
The Superman rights battle continues to go Warner Bros' way, paving the way for the release of Man Of Steel this summer...
The messy, ongoing legal battle between Warner Bros and the heirs of the Superman character's creators shows little sign of stopping, and the latest round has gone in the studio's favour.
Warner Bros had reportedly been reticent to push ahead with its Justice League movie project while legal battles were ongoing, and it scored a crucial victory in the Ninth Circuit Court Of Appeal back in January. The ruling, that upheld a deal Warner Bros and the estate of Jerome Siegel that had been done in 2001, gave the studio the control it wanted over Superman, and it was full steam ahead.
The latest round of the legal fight has now seen a federal judge also confirm that 2001 deal, and paves the way »
Similar News ItemsMan of Steel (2013)
- Set Photos From The Ongoing Justice League Reshoots Highlight Wayne Manor (From We Got This Covered. 28 July 2017, 5:33 AM, PDT)
- Despite Rumors, David Ayer Says He’s Still Involved with ‘Gotham City Sirens’ (From Slash Film. 27 July 2017, 4:30 PM, PDT)
- Matthew McConaughey and Anne Hathaway in first image from Serenity (From Flickeringmyth. 27 July 2017, 10:22 AM, PDT)
"Justice League" (2001)
- How to Assemble a Sketch-Comedy Troupe From Scratch (From Vulture. 28 July 2017, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- What’s Going on with ‘Gotham City Sirens?’ (From TVovermind.com. 28 July 2017, 4:30 AM, PDT)
- Justice League Reshoots Set Photos Highlight Wayne Manor Location (From Screen Rant. 27 July 2017, 10:12 PM, PDT)
- Lucifer Video: Cast Sheds Light on the Season 3 Sizzle Reel's Omg Moments (From TVLine.com. 23 July 2017, 12:35 PM, PDT)
- Smallville's Superman Tom Welling Joins The Cast Of Lucifer Season 3; Plus New Sdcc Trailer (From ComicBookMovie. 23 July 2017, 11:45 AM, PDT)
- Supergirl Season 3 Video: Cast Talks Up New Arrivals, Then Bursts Into Song (From TVLine.com. 23 July 2017, 11:24 AM, PDT)