Review Simon Brew 22 Mar 2013 - 06:13
Currently riding high at the Us box office, road trip comedy Identity Thief is far from a great night at the pictures, Simon writes...
The beauty of John Hughes' Planes Trains And Automobiles is that, in the depths of everything he puts Steve Martin's character through, you still care and feel sympathy for John Candy's shower ring salesman. That's really hard to do: by most measures, he should be the kind of character who, given how unreasonable he is at his worst, you simply want to see the back of. But you don't, and when Martin invites him into his home at the end of the film, you can, at the very least, understand why.
Identity Thief, at the time of writing the biggest grossing comedy of 2013 in the Us, never gets anywhere close. Not once. It puts at its heart »
Similar News ItemsJon Favreau
- Box Office Friday: ‘Guardians’ Tops 2014; ‘As Above/So Below’ Nabs No. 3; ‘Cantinflas’ Es Excelente! (From Deadline New York. 30 August 2014, 8:01 AM, PDT)
- The Best of the first two thirds of 2014 (From Hollywoodnews.com. 29 August 2014, 12:22 PM, PDT)
- Jon Favreau’s Chef Returns to Theaters Friday, August 29 (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 28 August 2014, 7:53 PM, PDT)
- Mark Wahlberg Not Attending Brother Donnie's Wedding To Jenny McCarthy (From Entertainment Tonight. 30 August 2014, 2:12 PM, PDT)
- 12 lessons we learned from 2014's summer movies (From EW.com - PopWatch. 30 August 2014, 7:05 AM, PDT)
- Labor Day marathon guide: Meet the 'Housewives of Melbourne' and more (From EW.com - PopWatch. 29 August 2014, 10:48 AM, PDT)
- Wamg’s Guide To 100+ Films For Fall / Holiday 2014 (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 29 August 2014, 1:49 PM, PDT)
- Everyone Says I Love Woody – What Romantic Comedies Owe to Mr. Allen (From HeyUGuys. 29 August 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- News Bits: Girl, Dates, Ghost, MacGruber 2 (From Dark Horizons. 29 August 2014, 12:58 AM, PDT)