Paul Risker reviews the seventh episode of Sons of Anarchy season 5...
On reflection of this episode it is easy to recall the expression “made by its ending.” Toad’s Wild Ride does build to a climactic conclusion, so much so that the episode in hindsight is best remembered for its ending. But two things to remember:
1. The ending is made by the previous six episodes of season five, and also each of the the previous four seasons.
2. The ending serves to bring us closer to the inevitable, a Segway into the second half of the season.
As is common by now with Sons of Anarchy, the drama is understated, and Toad’s Wild Ride is only one explosive moment in what is an expansive narrative. Robert Rodriguez once commented that we watch movies for those special moments. The most recent instalment of Sons of Anarchy is an episode of moments, »
- Flickering Myth
Similar News ItemsRobert Rodriguez (I)
- ‘Memory Box’ Short: Watch ‘Until The Light Takes Us’ Filmmaker Aaron Aites’ Final Film, Starring Shane Carruth and Mackenzie Davis (From Indiewire. 30 September 2016, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Watch: Robert Rodriguez’ 1991 Short ‘Bedhead’ Displays Director’s Early Genius (From Indiewire. 28 September 2016, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- The Arts Arena Announces ‘American Fringe’ Lineup for Festival d’Automne (From Indiewire. 27 September 2016, 3:44 PM, PDT)
"Sons of Anarchy" (2008)
- FX TV Show Ratings (updated 9/30/16) (From TVSeriesFinale. 30 September 2016, 6:57 PM, PDT)
- Quentin Tarantino on what he’s hoping to see from Marvel’s Luke Cage series (From Flickeringmyth. 30 September 2016, 5:24 PM, PDT)
- Watch the opening title credits for Marvel’s Luke Cage (From Flickeringmyth. 30 September 2016, 9:35 AM, PDT)
- FrightFest 2016: Abattoir review (From CineVue. 30 August 2016, 1:03 AM, PDT)
- Frightfest 2016: ‘Abattoir’ review (From The Hollywood News. 27 August 2016, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Frightfest 2016: Our Top Picks of What to Watch (From The Hollywood News. 21 August 2016, 11:07 PM, PDT)