Christopher Walken has made so many movies playing psychos and weirdos, he can't remember half of them. But in his latest film, A Late Quartet, he's been cast against type as a cellist with Parkinson's. He says why he'd be happier playing it straight
Christopher Walken will tell you what irritates him. "Quite often, I'll be sent a script for a movie," he says. "And I find that I like it, so I say I'll do it. But then they rewrite it for me. They make it quirky. Odd. I find that rather annoying. I call it Walkenising."
He chuckles, then stops dead. There is silence. We are on the phone, so that when he speaks it is hard not to wonder what else he might be doing. "I'm in Connecticut," he says when I ask, at the rural home he shares with his wife.
The irony is that the film he's promoting, »
- Danny Leigh
Similar News ItemsPhilip Seymour Hoffman
- Emmy Contender James Corden on Overzealous Fans Forcing Him Into Car: ‘Am I Being Kidnapped?’ (Video) (From The Wrap. 15 August 2016, 4:18 PM, PDT)
- Paul Thomas Anderson Brings ‘Punch-Drunk Love’ to The Criterion Collection This November (From Indiewire. 15 August 2016, 3:36 PM, PDT)
- Top 5 baseball movies to celebrate Baseball Fan Day! (From Cineplex. 12 August 2016, 8:00 AM, PDT)
Pulp Fiction (1994)
- Star Wars Characters Get Classic Album Cover Mashups (From MovieWeb. 24 August 2016, 3:34 PM, PDT)
- Frank Ocean’s 100 Favorite Films: ‘Blue Velvet,’ ‘Solaris,’ ‘Annie Hall’ and 97 More (From Indiewire. 23 August 2016, 4:48 PM, PDT)
- Great Job, Internet!: Classic album covers get the Star Wars special edition treatment (From The AV Club. 23 August 2016, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- Disney’s The Jungle Book gets an Honest Trailer (From Flickeringmyth. 24 August 2016, 10:00 PM, PDT)
- Inside the big top by Anne-Katrin Titze (From eyeforfilm.co.uk. 21 August 2016, 1:05 PM, PDT)
- Nine Lives review: “The film is not terrible.” (From The Hollywood News. 21 August 2016, 1:46 AM, PDT)