Tina Fey makes funny TV shows, funny movies and funny books.
Director Paul Weitz often goes for something beyond funny -- emotional stories of parents and children trying to puzzle out something beyond flesh and blood that bonds them.
And somewhere on the uncertain ground between the two is "Admission." It's a romantic comedy -- of sorts -- about a lovelorn Princeton admissions officer forced to reconcile her judgmental job with the news that the baby she gave up for adoption 17 years ago might be applying to ... Princeton.
It's not a particularly satisfying comedy, but thanks to the cast and some of the odd directions it takes, "Admission" is an intensely likable one.
Portia (Fey) spends her days competing with Corinne (Gloria Reuben) to see who can be the snobbiest in front of the head of »
Similar News ItemsTina Fey
- The Best Film and TV Reunions of the Year (From VH1.com. 24 December 2014, 6:00 AM, PST)
- The 11 Most Unbelievable Things Celebs Said in 2014, Ranked (From Entertainment Tonight. 23 December 2014, 6:26 PM, PST)
- 15 of the Most Epic Cast Reunions of 2014 (From Entertainment Tonight. 22 December 2014, 8:45 PM, PST)
Paul Rudd (I)
- Marvel's 'Ant-Man' Trailer Is Coming Soon (From MovieWeb. 23 December 2014, 5:09 PM, PST)
- First trailer for Marvel’s Ant-Man classified by ratings board (From Flickeringmyth. 23 December 2014, 2:59 PM, PST)
- Report: Netflix To Turn ‘Wet Hot American Summer’ Into A Miniseries (From Tubefilter News. 18 December 2014, 10:04 AM, PST)
- Ansel Elgort Addresses Gay Rumors, Says "Be True To Yourself" (From TooFab. 18 December 2014, 1:30 PM, PST)
- Ansel Elgort Reveals If He's Gay or Straight, Reminds Fans to "Be True to Yourself" (From E! Online. 18 December 2014, 7:05 AM, PST)
- 5 Great Casting Notices (From Backstage. 12 December 2014, 2:24 PM, PST)