Tina Fey makes funny TV shows, funny movies and funny books.
Director Paul Weitz often goes for something beyond funny -- emotional stories of parents and children trying to puzzle out something beyond flesh and blood that bonds them.
And somewhere on the uncertain ground between the two is "Admission." It's a romantic comedy -- of sorts -- about a lovelorn Princeton admissions officer forced to reconcile her judgmental job with the news that the baby she gave up for adoption 17 years ago might be applying to ... Princeton.
It's not a particularly satisfying comedy, but thanks to the cast and some of the odd directions it takes, "Admission" is an intensely likable one.
Portia (Fey) spends her days competing with Corinne (Gloria Reuben) to see who can be the snobbiest in front of the head of »
Similar News ItemsTina Fey
- Lorne Michaels Breaks Silence on Taran Killam, Jay Pharoah’s ‘SNL’ Exits (From Variety - TV News. 30 September 2016, 2:53 PM, PDT)
- Alec Baldwin on Why He Agreed to Play SNL's New Trump: 'I'm Doing It for Donald' (From PEOPLE.com. 30 September 2016, 12:40 PM, PDT)
- Lorne Michaels Breaks Silence on Leslie Jones Twitter Attacks (From Rolling Stone. 30 September 2016, 11:03 AM, PDT)
Paul Rudd (I)
- Netflix Scoops Up Duncan Jones Sci-Fi Mute, Theatrical Release Confirmed (From We Got This Covered. 30 September 2016, 7:16 AM, PDT)
- Film Acquisition Rundown: Samuel Goldwyn Picks Up Laff Winner ‘Green Is Gold,’ Kino Lorber Buys ‘Son of Joseph’ And More (From Indiewire. 30 September 2016, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Captain America: Civil War concept art features Ant-Man’s transformation into Giant-Man (From Flickeringmyth. 30 September 2016, 6:55 AM, PDT)
Focus Features [us]
- 2017 Oscar Predictions: Best Picture (From Indiewire. 30 September 2016, 11:18 AM, PDT)
- 2017 Oscar Predictions: Best Picture (From Thompson on Hollywood. 30 September 2016, 11:18 AM, PDT)
- Mike Mills’ ’20th Century Women’ Gets a Christmas Day Release (From Thompson on Hollywood. 26 September 2016, 2:55 PM, PDT)