Screen Australia will invest more than $2.3 million in 10 documentary projects, which it says will trigger more than $8 million in production.
Screen Australia.s documentary manager Liz Stevens said: .It.s very encouraging to see so many projects with solid international deals in this round. Australian producers are creating good opportunities in the international marketplace with strong stories, know-how and support from domestic broadcasters and Screen Australia . it.s a great collaboration. In the domestic arena the National Documentary Program continues to fund significant Australian stories that will resonate with Australian audiences..
National Documentary Program
Afghanistan: The Australian War 3 x 55 mins Essential Media and Entertainment Pty Ltd Producer Alan Erson Writer/Director Victoria Midwinter-Pitt Sales Agent ABC Commercial Broadcaster ABC TV Synopsis The complete story of Australia.s longest and most expensive modern war told by the generation of Australians who fought it, those who ordered it, our allies and enemies. »
- Inside Film Correspondent
Similar News ItemsScreen Australia [au]
- Call for greater transparency in screen industry (From IF.com.au. 19 March 2015, 2:42 PM, PDT)
- Industry grapples with how to restore value to films (From IF.com.au. 10 March 2015, 2:44 PM, PDT)
- Stan to uncork Oz comedy Plonk (From IF.com.au. 9 March 2015, 3:33 PM, PDT)
Frank O. Gehry
- Why Frank Gehry’s Fondation Louis Vuitton Building Is a Masterpiece (From Vulture. 25 March 2015, 8:43 AM, PDT)
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off New 'Do and Serious Curves in Bondage Dress (From Entertainment Tonight. 8 March 2015, 1:41 PM, PDT)
- Why Tech Startups Are Exiting Venice Beach (From The Hollywood Reporter. 21 October 2014, 9:33 AM, PDT)
- Disney Channel’s ‘Bad Hair Day’ Has Good Ratings Night (From Variety - TV News. 17 February 2015, 4:40 PM, PST)
- Germany’s Tmg Takes Muse’s Pharaoh Drama ‘Tut’ (From Variety - TV News. 4 December 2014, 9:55 AM, PST)
- 'Twisted,' 'Victorious' Star to Play King Tut for Spike TV (Exclusive) (From The Hollywood Reporter. 5 August 2014, 10:34 AM, PDT)