Prequel tales which examine the backstory of an iconic character are always a gamble, and Bates Motel is no different. The series has the unenviable task of delivering the suspenseful tale of Norman Bates (Freddie Highmore) – the titular character of Alfred Hitchcock’s Psycho - and his inevitable descent into madness. But in a world where everyone knows the show’s connection to one of the most suspenseful and celebrated films of all time, can Bates Motel create a compelling experience for viewers?
A&E certainly put together a promising team – with Carlton Cuse (Lost) and Kerry Ehrin (Friday Night Lights) serving as showrunners – and rolled the dice. The much talked about series premiere started things off in an intriguing way and featured a particularly strong performance from Vera Farmiga as Norman’s doomed mother. Still, the series needs room to grow, ...
Click to continue reading ‘Bates Motel’ Scares Up »
- Robert Yaniz Jr.
Similar News Items"Lost" (2004)
- Jimmy Kimmel Talks ‘Lost’ 10-Year Anniversary With Malcolm David Kelley (Video) (From The Wrap. 23 September 2014, 2:04 AM, PDT)
- Best of Late Night TV: Sofia Vergara's Lip Flip, Courteney Cox's Name Game (Video) (From Moviefone. 23 September 2014, 12:37 AM, PDT)
- 10 Reasons We’re Still Pissed About 'Lost' 10 Years Later (From Entertainment Tonight. 22 September 2014, 4:55 PM, PDT)
"Friday Night Lights" (2006)
- Hulu Orders J.J. Abrams-produced Mini-Series Based on Stephen King’s Kennedy-Assassination Novel ’11/22/63′ (From SoundOnSight. 22 September 2014, 9:32 PM, PDT)
- Series Based on Stephen King’s 11/22/63 Picked Up by Hulu (From DailyDead. 22 September 2014, 1:26 PM, PDT)
- J.J. Abrams and Stephen King's 11/22/63 Series Lands on Hulu (From GeekTyrant. 22 September 2014, 1:05 PM, PDT)
Alfred Hitchcock (I)
- This is the Part I Really Like: Top ten movie-in-movie moments (From Cineplex. 23 September 2014, 6:30 AM, PDT)
- Finnish filmmaker Peter von Bagh dies (From ScreenDaily. 23 September 2014, 6:01 AM, PDT)
- Craig Ferguson On Ditching Conventions and Having Fun on ‘Celebrity Name Game’ (From Variety - TV News. 22 September 2014, 3:55 PM, PDT)