Prequel tales which examine the backstory of an iconic character are always a gamble, and Bates Motel is no different. The series has the unenviable task of delivering the suspenseful tale of Norman Bates (Freddie Highmore) – the titular character of Alfred Hitchcock’s Psycho - and his inevitable descent into madness. But in a world where everyone knows the show’s connection to one of the most suspenseful and celebrated films of all time, can Bates Motel create a compelling experience for viewers?
A&E certainly put together a promising team – with Carlton Cuse (Lost) and Kerry Ehrin (Friday Night Lights) serving as showrunners – and rolled the dice. The much talked about series premiere started things off in an intriguing way and featured a particularly strong performance from Vera Farmiga as Norman’s doomed mother. Still, the series needs room to grow, ...
Click to continue reading ‘Bates Motel’ Scares Up »
- Robert Yaniz Jr.
Similar News Items"Lost" (2004)
- Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Cast as Killer Croc in Suicide Squad Movie! (From Legions of Gotham. 31 March 2015, 2:58 PM, PDT)
- Round-Up: First Still from Rob Zombie’s 31, Jeff Fahey Joins From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series, Rekindling of Hope Exclusive Excerpt (From DailyDead. 31 March 2015, 2:48 PM, PDT)
- Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje to play Killer Croc in DC's Suicide Squad (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 31 March 2015, 2:36 PM, PDT)
"Friday Night Lights" (2006)
- Hulu Plans Original Series From Emmy-Winning ‘Friday Night Lights’ Producer (From Tubefilter News. 31 March 2015, 11:43 AM, PDT)
- Kyle Chandler Reveals the Secret of 'Friday Night Lights' Brilliance (From Indiewire. 31 March 2015, 9:09 AM, PDT)
- Kyle Chandler Reveals the Secret of 'Friday Night Lights' Brilliance (From Indiewire Television. 31 March 2015, 9:09 AM, PDT)
Alfred Hitchcock (I)
- Meanwhile, Back at the Ranch... Welles' 'F for Fake', 'South Park' and Video Essays (From Rope Of Silicon. 31 March 2015, 12:28 PM, PDT)
- Watch: Tony Zhou on F For Fake and How to Structure a Film (From Filmmaker Magazine. 31 March 2015, 12:27 PM, PDT)
- Facing the music by Anne-Katrin Titze (From eyeforfilm.co.uk. 31 March 2015, 7:37 AM, PDT)