Prequel tales which examine the backstory of an iconic character are always a gamble, and Bates Motel is no different. The series has the unenviable task of delivering the suspenseful tale of Norman Bates (Freddie Highmore) – the titular character of Alfred Hitchcock’s Psycho - and his inevitable descent into madness. But in a world where everyone knows the show’s connection to one of the most suspenseful and celebrated films of all time, can Bates Motel create a compelling experience for viewers?
A&E certainly put together a promising team – with Carlton Cuse (Lost) and Kerry Ehrin (Friday Night Lights) serving as showrunners – and rolled the dice. The much talked about series premiere started things off in an intriguing way and featured a particularly strong performance from Vera Farmiga as Norman’s doomed mother. Still, the series needs room to grow, ...
Click to continue reading ‘Bates Motel’ Scares Up »
- Robert Yaniz Jr.
Similar News Items"Lost" (2004)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens gets three retro posters (From Flickeringmyth. 27 November 2015, 11:41 AM, PST)
- Track listing for the Star Wars: The Force Awakens score gives clues to the plot (From Flickeringmyth. 27 November 2015, 6:09 AM, PST)
- The Star Wars Holiday Special gets a Force Awakens mashup trailer (From Flickeringmyth. 27 November 2015, 3:50 AM, PST)
"Friday Night Lights" (2006)
- A "Friday Night Lights" Musical Is Coming (From Dark Horizons. 25 November 2015, 9:58 AM, PST)
- Jason Street Will Play Coach Taylor in the Unauthorized Musical of Friday Night Lights (From Vulture. 24 November 2015, 1:33 PM, PST)
- Unauthorized 'Friday Night Lights' Musical Headed to L.A. (From Rolling Stone. 24 November 2015, 12:36 PM, PST)
Alfred Hitchcock (I)
- Denver Film Festival 2015: The Best, The Very Good, and ‘Youth’ (From SoundOnSight. 27 November 2015, 12:55 PM, PST)
- Krampus Movie Soundtrack By Composer Douglas Pipes Available Dec. 4 (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 27 November 2015, 11:39 AM, PST)
- Daily | S&S 2015 Top 20, Polanski, Lean (t) (From Fandor: Keyframe (t). 27 November 2015, 7:40 AM, PST)