It looks like there’s a reason why Jay Leno’s been sounding awfully testy about his bosses lately: A report in the New York Times today says it has promised Jimmy Fallon that he will succeed Jay Leno as the next host of The Tonight Show no later than fall 2014.
The plan is to move the show from Burbank, Calif. to New York, where Fallon currently tapes his show. There is also talk of it returning to a 90-minute format.
It’s unclear when an announcement will take place, and for now, NBC is only confirming that it is »
- Lynette Rice
Similar News ItemsJimmy Fallon
- Jerry Seinfeld on the Comedians in Cars Season Finale and Late-Night TV (From Vulture. 18 December 2014, 9:00 AM, PST)
- "Jurassic World": Raptors In Your Face (From SneakPeek. 18 December 2014, 8:25 AM, PST)
- Paul McCartney Sucks at ‘Beatles: Rock Band’ on ‘The Tonight Show’ (Video) (From The Wrap. 18 December 2014, 8:15 AM, PST)
- Betty White and Craig Ferguson Dance With a Hippo for Christmas (From Vulture. 18 December 2014, 12:02 AM, PST)
- David Letterman’s ‘Late Show’ Farewell Starts Friday With A Simple Christmas Song (From Variety - TV News. 17 December 2014, 11:52 AM, PST)
- Mark Hamill Talks About the New Elf and Playing The Trickster (Again!) on The Flash (From E! Online. 16 December 2014, 4:24 PM, PST)
- Stephen Colbert Signs Off Tonight: 10 Amazing Celebrity Cameos on The Colbert Report Through the Years (From E! Online. 18 December 2014, 7:00 AM, PST)
- Watch Stephen Colbert Break Character in Hilarious, 14-Minute Supercut (From Rolling Stone. 18 December 2014, 5:45 AM, PST)
- Best of Late Night TV: Jimmy Kimmel's Proposal and Lady Gaga's Advice From A Stripper (Video) (From Moviefone. 17 December 2014, 10:15 PM, PST)