It looks like there’s a reason why Jay Leno’s been sounding awfully testy about his bosses lately: A report in the New York Times today says it has promised Jimmy Fallon that he will succeed Jay Leno as the next host of The Tonight Show no later than fall 2014.
The plan is to move the show from Burbank, Calif. to New York, where Fallon currently tapes his show. There is also talk of it returning to a 90-minute format.
It’s unclear when an announcement will take place, and for now, NBC is only confirming that it is »
- Lynette Rice
Similar News ItemsJimmy Fallon
- How Jimmy Fallon’s ‘Jesus Finger’ Got Its Name (From The Wrap. 9 October 2015, 3:28 PM, PDT)
- Brie Larson and Jimmy Fallon Play The Whisper Challenge on The Tonight Show (From TVovermind.com. 9 October 2015, 11:19 AM, PDT)
- Brie Larson Shouts "the Prosciutto of Happiness" While Playing the Whisper Challenge Game (From Popsugar. 9 October 2015, 8:29 AM, PDT)
- ‘Jay Leno’s Garage’ Premiere Draws Close to 1 Million Viewers for CNBC (From The Wrap. 8 October 2015, 3:51 PM, PDT)
- ‘Jay Leno’s Garage’ Opens And 916K Watch On CNBC (From Deadline TV. 8 October 2015, 3:13 PM, PDT)
- Jay Leno Returns To ‘Tonight Show’ To Deliver Monologue (From Uinterview. 8 October 2015, 1:32 PM, PDT)
- David Letterman and the Psychology of the Hollywood Beard (From The Hollywood Reporter. 8 October 2015, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Jay Leno Reveals the Reason He Refused to Appear on David Letterman's Finale (From BuzzSugar. 7 October 2015, 8:58 AM, PDT)
- Watch Jay Leno Return to 'Tonight Show' to Deliver Monologue (From Rolling Stone. 7 October 2015, 6:29 AM, PDT)