It looks like there’s a reason why Jay Leno’s been sounding awfully testy about his bosses lately: A report in the New York Times today says it has promised Jimmy Fallon that he will succeed Jay Leno as the next host of The Tonight Show no later than fall 2014.
The plan is to move the show from Burbank, Calif. to New York, where Fallon currently tapes his show. There is also talk of it returning to a 90-minute format.
It’s unclear when an announcement will take place, and for now, NBC is only confirming that it is »
- Lynette Rice
Similar News ItemsJimmy Fallon
- Watch Tom Cruise and Jimmy Fallon Lip-Sync Serenade a Girl with "You've Lost That Loving Feeling" (From Movies.com. 28 July 2015, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- Mindy Project Casts Ajay Mehta and Sakina Jaffrey as Mindy's Folks (From TVLine.com. 28 July 2015, 7:53 AM, PDT)
- Watch Tom Cruise Channel Meat Loaf, the Weeknd in 'Lip Sync Battle' (From Rolling Stone. 28 July 2015, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- What's The Big Frigin' Difference?! (From TMZ. 19 July 2015, 12:05 AM, PDT)
- Will David Letterman stage an Emmys comeback with farewell season of 'Late Show'? (Exclusive Video) (From Gold Derby. 15 July 2015, 8:50 AM, PDT)
- Interview: Asif Kapadia, James Gay-Rees on Finding ‘Amy’ (From HollywoodChicago.com. 8 July 2015, 7:04 AM, PDT)
- Hey Now! The 10 most showstopping Howard Stern interview moments of 2015 (From Hitfix. 27 July 2015, 5:33 PM, PDT)
- Just when we need political satire more than ever, Jon Stewart bows out | Hadley Freeman (From The Guardian - TV News. 22 July 2015, 11:03 AM, PDT)
- David Letterman, Jerry Seinfeld Pull Their Endorsements From Bill Cosby Biography (From The Wrap. 22 July 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)