The legendary Italian composer, who has worked with Tarantino on Inglorious Basterds and the Kill Bill films, declined to work with him on Django Unchained because of the director's 'incoherent' use of music.
In a statement released to Entertainment Weekly, Morricone claimed that his remarks had been taken out of context, and emphasised his respect for Tarantino.
"I have a great respect for Tarantino, as I have stated several times, I am glad he chooses my music, a sign of artistic brotherhood and I am happy to have met him in Rome recently," Morricone said.
"In my opinion, the fact that Tarantino chooses different pieces of music from »
Similar News ItemsQuentin Tarantino
- Movie Madness Podcast – Series 3 – Ep 3: Reservoir Dogs (From The Cultural Post. 29 May 2017, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Diary of a Cannes Juror: Here’s What It’s Like to Be on a Jury at the Best Film Festival in the World (From Indiewire. 27 May 2017, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Cannes at 70: The biggest scandals (From ScreenDaily. 27 May 2017, 2:30 AM, PDT)
- Leonardo DiCaprio, David Beckham, Will Smith Steal the Show at Cannes amfAR Gala (From Variety - Film News. 26 May 2017, 6:39 AM, PDT)
- Bella Hadid Changes 3 Times, Bonds with Nicki Minaj and Sips Champagne at Star-Studded amfAR Gala (From PEOPLE.com. 26 May 2017, 6:37 AM, PDT)
- New to Streaming: ‘John Wick: Chapter 2,’ ‘Raw,’ ‘David Lynch: The Art Life,’ and More (From The Film Stage. 26 May 2017, 5:01 AM, PDT)
Django Unchained (2012)
- Hitman's Bodyguard Trailer #2: Reynolds and Jackson Get Triggered (From MovieWeb. 26 May 2017, 10:52 AM, PDT)
- Mark Burnett on Jamie Foxx, ‘American Idol’ and His Record Week Ahead (From Variety - TV News. 22 May 2017, 2:40 PM, PDT)
- Star Wars: Jedi Of The Republic – Mace Windu Arrives This Summer (From We Got This Covered. 18 May 2017, 10:27 AM, PDT)