'Dallas' viewing ratings got a boost last night as viewers tuned in to see the Ewings say goodbye to Jr, but it might not be enough to save the show.
The funeral scenes of one of TV's great villains drew an audience of 448,000, a share of just over 5%, which is an increase on figures for previous weeks, but a massive drop on their initial audience of approximately three million, when the series reboot was first aired last year.
Channel 5 said today that no decision had been made on the future of the show in the UK, because its Us producers, TNT, hadn't yet confirmed whether or not a third series will be made.
However, the Mirror this week quoted a Channel 5 source, saying: "The remake hasn't really worked and »
- The Huffington Post UK
Similar News ItemsLarry Hagman
- Most-Watched Oscars in 14 Years, Return of ‘Scandal’ Power ABC to Weekly Victory (From Variety - TV News. 5 March 2014, 5:40 AM, PST)
- Petitioners Want Death of ‘Midnight Rider’ Crew Member Acknowledged on Oscar Night (From FilmSchoolRejects. 26 February 2014, 9:38 PM, PST)
- Oscars In Memoriam: Recent Deaths Put Extra Pressure on Academy (From Variety - Film News. 25 February 2014, 4:07 PM, PST)
Linda Gray (I)
- 'Dallas' Season 3, episode 2 -- 'Trust Me': Ryland's mother plays tough with drug cartel (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 3 March 2014, 7:05 PM, PST)
- 'Dallas' fashion continues to be 'very aspirational, larger than life' (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 3 March 2014, 12:00 PM, PST)
- 'Dallas' Season 3 premiere: 'The Return' renews intrigue for the Ewings (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 24 February 2014, 7:15 PM, PST)
Patrick Duffy (I)
- Dallas: Season Three Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 12 March 2014, 9:32 PM, PDT)
- Patrick Duffy recalls an old 'Dallas' line that tops this week's Lesser Prairie Chicken twist, teases what's ahead (From EW.com - Inside TV. 10 March 2014, 9:18 PM, PDT)
- 'Dallas' Season 3, episode 3: Many Ewings do much 'Playing Chicken' (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 10 March 2014, 7:00 PM, PDT)