Russell Brand has had nothing but nice things to say about ex-wife Katy Perry since their 2011 split. But now, it seems the British funnyman is turning their short-lived marriage into comedic material.
On Monday evening, Brand playfully mocked their 14-month union in an Xfm radio show he co-hosted with former Oasis guitarist Noel Gallagher to benefit the Teenage Cancer Trust. Up for discussion? Brand's grand entrance to the October 2010 wedding ceremony -- on an elephant.
"That marriage was shaky from the get-go, before I’d even got off the elephant," Brand said.
At another point in the show, he elaborated, "Let me tell you a thing about marriage. Marriage is a bond that can last up to 14 months. This is a sacred 14-month arrangement. Begins on an elephant. Ends in a newspaper."
But this kind of badmouthing -- joking or not -- isn't typical of Brand, who has previously spoken very highly of his ex. »
- Kelsey Borresen
Similar News ItemsKaty Perry
- Ariana Grande Looks Cute In A Cape For ‘Christmas In Rockefeller Center’ (From HollywoodLife. 4 December 2013, 1:54 PM, PST)
- Katy Perry's Christmas Cape: Gotta Have It or Make It Stop? (From E! Online. 4 December 2013, 1:01 PM, PST)
- Katy Perry can't cook (From RealBollywood. 4 December 2013, 12:13 PM, PST)
- Russell Brand v the Sun: war of words hots up (From The Guardian - TV News. 3 December 2013, 7:17 AM, PST)
- Charlie Brooker: 'Comedians are the worst people to run anything' (From Digital Spy - TV news. 29 November 2013, 8:05 AM, PST)
- Brit Awards - 6 suggestions to replace James Corden as host in 2015 (From Digital Spy - TV news. 28 November 2013, 7:33 AM, PST)
Howard Stern (I)
- Howard Stern's wife makes it to Et's 'Power Women List' (From RealBollywood. 1 December 2013, 4:08 AM, PST)
- Beth Stern a 'Power Woman' and animal lover too (From Monsters and Critics. 30 November 2013, 8:48 AM, PST)
- Supernatural Recap: The Virgin Homicides (From Vulture. 27 November 2013, 7:20 AM, PST)