Paul Risker continues his Terry Gilliam retrospective....
The Fisher King and Twelve Monkeys represent a hiatus for Gilliam from penning and developing his own scripts. This period in Gilliam’s career is a period of transformation, in which he continued to break his own rules. Despite having already deviated from these on The Fisher King, the sci-fi time travel drama Twelve Monkeys sits as a point of escalation in Gilliam’s oeuvre. Twelve Monkeys was a Universal Pictures film, the very studio Gilliam had waged a war with over Brazil. Whilst Fisher King was set in America, Twelve Monkeys was set in Philadelphia, one of America’s historical cities and where in 1776 American Independence was first declared.
If signing with the Creative Artists Agency (CAA) was the beginning of the end of his virginity, then the Hollywood lawyer Gilliam now had on speed dial, his return to Universal, and his »
- Flickering Myth
Similar News ItemsBrad Pitt
- Colin Farrell in Talks for 'True Detective' Season 2 (From MovieWeb. 11 July 2014, 10:55 AM, PDT)
- Prince William and Prince George Have an Adorable Morning Routine (From Popsugar. 11 July 2014, 8:04 AM, PDT)
- Ryan Gosling Before Eva Mendes Pregnancy: "I'll Make Movies Until I Make Babies" (From Us Weekly. 11 July 2014, 7:30 AM, PDT)
Universal Pictures [us]
- Comic-Con Saturday: Bye bye to 'The Hobbit,' 'Sin City' returns and Marvel will rule (From Hitfix. 12 July 2014, 11:37 AM, PDT)
- [Media] - "The Purge: Anarchy" New international trailer (From OhMyGore. 12 July 2014, 5:52 AM, PDT)
- Cars Chase Scarlett Johansson In New Lucy Clip (From ComicBookMovie. 11 July 2014, 12:57 PM, PDT)
- [Media] - "Sin City: A Dame To Kill For" New trailer (From OhMyGore. 12 July 2014, 5:51 AM, PDT)
- 10 of geek cinema's more curious quirks of fate (From Den of Geek. 10 July 2014, 6:20 AM, PDT)
- In Defence Of... Michael Bay, Hollywood's action movie king (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 10 July 2014, 1:00 AM, PDT)