Is Tom Cruise headed toward another franchise? He has already starred in four "Mission: Impossible" films, with a fifth one being developed, and it seems like "Jack Reacher" was enough of a hit around the world to warrant a second movie. Now, Cruise may star in a film version of the 1960s TV show, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E."
According to Deadline, Cruise is discussing the possibility with Warner Bros., the studio behind the movie. Guy Ritchie, who helmed 2009's "Sherlock Holmes," and its sequel, is attached to direct. Originally, George Clooney was supposed to star in the film, with Steven Soderbergh directing. However, Clooney had to leave the role to have surgery on his neck and back.
The TV series focused on two secret agents who worked for a fictitious government agency called the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement. The two agents, played by Robert Vaughn and David McCallum, »
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- How weird does a celebrity have to be before we stop watching their films? (From The Guardian - Film News. 23 September 2017, 12:59 AM, PDT)
- Edge Of Tomorrow Director Doug Liman Loves His Sequel Idea "Way More Than The Story Of The Original Film" (From ComicBookMovie. 22 September 2017, 8:08 PM, PDT)
- Tom Cruise Not Working On Custody Deal With Katie Holmes For Suri, Despite Report (From GossipCop. 22 September 2017, 1:29 PM, PDT)
- George Clooney Does Not Use Fake Self-Tanner, Despite Report (From GossipCop. 22 September 2017, 8:55 AM, PDT)
- Lady in Red! Amal Clooney Makes a Colorful Splash at the United Nations as She Heads Back to Work (From E! Online. 22 September 2017, 7:35 AM, PDT)
- Amal Clooney Returns to Work at the Un 3 Months After Welcoming Twins -- See Her Stunning Retro Look! (From Entertainment Tonight. 21 September 2017, 9:00 PM, PDT)
Sherlock Holmes (2009)
- Benedict Cumberbatch on the New Doctor Who: "Why Can't It Be a Woman?" (From BuzzSugar. 20 September 2017, 2:45 PM, PDT)
- Mark Strong interview - Kingsman: The Golden Circle, Stardust, Kick-Ass (From Den of Geek. 20 September 2017, 12:51 PM, PDT)
- 5 of the scariest horror books ever written (From Monsters and Critics. 20 September 2017, 10:10 AM, PDT)