Is Tom Cruise headed toward another franchise? He has already starred in four "Mission: Impossible" films, with a fifth one being developed, and it seems like "Jack Reacher" was enough of a hit around the world to warrant a second movie. Now, Cruise may star in a film version of the 1960s TV show, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E."
According to Deadline, Cruise is discussing the possibility with Warner Bros., the studio behind the movie. Guy Ritchie, who helmed 2009's "Sherlock Holmes," and its sequel, is attached to direct. Originally, George Clooney was supposed to star in the film, with Steven Soderbergh directing. However, Clooney had to leave the role to have surgery on his neck and back.
The TV series focused on two secret agents who worked for a fictitious government agency called the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement. The two agents, played by Robert Vaughn and David McCallum, »
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- 'Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation' Clips Deliver Dual Chase Scenes (From Rope Of Silicon. 6 July 2015, 3:15 PM, PDT)
- ‘Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation’ Clip Series Is All Action (From Slash Film. 6 July 2015, 2:30 PM, PDT)
- Tom Cruise Took Private Jet to Party at This Local Nashville Bar for the Fourth of July — See the Amazing Pic (From Us Weekly. 6 July 2015, 2:26 PM, PDT)
- Ocean's stars George Clooney, Brad Pitt and Don Cheadle pay tribute to Jerry Weintraub (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 6 July 2015, 8:17 PM, PDT)
- Hollywood producer Jerry Weintraub dead at 77 (From The Hollywood News. 6 July 2015, 4:02 PM, PDT)
- George Clooney Remembers ‘Ocean’s Eleven’ Producer Jerry Weintraub (From The Wrap. 6 July 2015, 3:28 PM, PDT)
Sherlock Holmes (2009)
- Rachel McAdams Rumored for Female Lead in Marvel's 'Doctor Strange' (From Rope Of Silicon. 6 July 2015, 1:34 PM, PDT)
- Composer Lorne Balfe Talks His Score For Terminator Genisys (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 6 July 2015, 10:40 AM, PDT)
- India’s Colors Launches English Movie Channel as CNN Splits With TV18 (From Variety - TV News. 1 July 2015, 8:18 PM, PDT)