Is Tom Cruise headed toward another franchise? He has already starred in four "Mission: Impossible" films, with a fifth one being developed, and it seems like "Jack Reacher" was enough of a hit around the world to warrant a second movie. Now, Cruise may star in a film version of the 1960s TV show, "The Man From U.N.C.L.E."
According to Deadline, Cruise is discussing the possibility with Warner Bros., the studio behind the movie. Guy Ritchie, who helmed 2009's "Sherlock Holmes," and its sequel, is attached to direct. Originally, George Clooney was supposed to star in the film, with Steven Soderbergh directing. However, Clooney had to leave the role to have surgery on his neck and back.
The TV series focused on two secret agents who worked for a fictitious government agency called the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement. The two agents, played by Robert Vaughn and David McCallum, »
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- Watch Tom Cruise Take The Ice Bucket Challenge — Over and Over Again (From The Hollywood Reporter. 19 August 2014, 5:58 PM, PDT)
- Tom Cruise Literally Takes One For the Team With His Ice Bucket Challenge (From Popsugar. 19 August 2014, 4:55 PM, PDT)
- Tom Cruise To Receive Honor From Japanese Government for Edge Of Tomorrow (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 19 August 2014, 4:17 PM, PDT)
- Inside George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's Lake Como Wedding Prep: Get the Details! (From E! Online. 18 August 2014, 1:37 PM, PDT)
- Joe Jonas -- A Little Birthday Fun in Vegas (From TMZ. 18 August 2014, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Being Batman: The Actors Underneath the Cowl (From SoundOnSight. 17 August 2014, 12:17 PM, PDT)
Sherlock Holmes (2009)
- Benedict Cumberbatch vs. Idris Elba: It’s a 'Jungle Book' Faceoff! (From Entertainment Tonight. 19 August 2014, 2:10 PM, PDT)
- Benedict Cumberbatch to Star in Andy Serkis-Directed Jungle Book Adaptation (From ShockYa. 19 August 2014, 1:35 PM, PDT)
- Footage From Adrien Brody's "Houdini" (From SneakPeek. 18 August 2014, 7:59 PM, PDT)