by Brett White
Nicolas Cage gained comic book fame as the lead character in two Ghost Rider films, but the actor actually came close to portraying the Man of Steel in the never-produced film "Superman Lives." With a script by Kevin Smith and visionary director Tim Burton behind the camera, the film was set to show the world a decidedly different take on the iconic character. The lost Superman film would have been released a decade before Bryan Singer's "Superman Returns" and almost a decade after Burton's game-changing first "Batman" film.
Cage spoke with MTV News about the lost Superman epic and about the Kickstarter campaign to further examine "Superman Lives."
"The fact that Tim and I were pretty far down the road designing ["Superman Lives"], and I know that with Tim and where I was going to go, we would have done something really special," recalls Cage. "At least it's »
- Splash Page Team
Similar News ItemsTim Burton (I)
- 12 Movies to Stream on Netflix This Holiday Season (From BuzzSugar. 9 December 2013, 10:34 AM, PST)
- Egypt’s Zad set to let Cat out of the bag (From ScreenDaily. 7 December 2013, 7:00 PM, PST)
- Photo: Henry Cavill As Superman In 2004 (From Dark Horizons. 7 December 2013, 8:34 AM, PST)
Man of Steel (2013)
- Sr Geek Picks: ‘Man of Steel’ Movie Mash, ‘Game of Thrones’ Death Toll & More (From Screen Rant. 9 December 2013, 12:04 PM, PST)
- Amy Adams on Wonder Woman and Batman vs. Superman (From Flickeringmyth. 9 December 2013, 11:58 AM, PST)
- Update: ‘Godzilla’ Goes Viral (From LatinoReview. 9 December 2013, 11:54 AM, PST)
- Bruce Willis, Armie Hammer, Helen Mirren and More to Toast Jerry Bruckheimer at American Cinematheque Gala (From Thompson on Hollywood. 9 December 2013, 1:43 PM, PST)
- DVD Review: 'The Croods' (From CineVue. 9 December 2013, 2:33 AM, PST)
- The Croods DVD Review (From The Hollywood News. 7 December 2013, 11:52 PM, PST)