No rest for the Witch Hunters.
The power of international box office continues to make surprise hits out of films that otherwise flopped here in the States as Paramount has announced a sequel to "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters" is officially in development, according to Deadline.
The revisionist fairy tale stars Jeremy Renner and Gemma Arterton as super-sexy grown-up versions of the hapless brother and sister who ran afoul of a witch and almost ended up as witch food. Now they wander the Earth bringing death to all those who would dare conjure a poisonous brew or cast a dastardly spell.
The film cost at least $50 million and made only a little over $54 million domestically, though it scored a whopping $151 million in international dollars. Paramount is going forward with a sequel since apparently somebody out there likes it, even though us dumb Americans apparently don't know quality when we see it (or, »
- Bryan Enk
Similar News ItemsJeremy Renner
- Did Jennifer Connelly Secretly Join Spider-Man: Homecoming? (From MovieWeb. 23 June 2017, 12:01 PM, PDT)
- Karlovy Vary Film Festival Honors Talent Working in Front of and Behind the Camera (From Variety - Film News. 23 June 2017, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Christian Siriano Hopes for a Time When Dressing Women of All Ages and Sizes Is ‘A Little Bit More of the Norm’ (From PEOPLE.com. 23 June 2017, 10:07 AM, PDT)
- Gemma Arterton No Longer In Talks to Join 'Christopher Robin' (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 22 June 2017, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- Disney’s Christopher Robin is Adding Gemma Arterton (From Screen Rant. 22 June 2017, 1:01 PM, PDT)
- Their Finest Starring Gemma Arterton Arrives on Blu-ray and DVD on July 11th from Lionsgate (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 22 June 2017, 11:16 AM, PDT)
- The Overlook Film Festival 2017 Impressions: Immersive Experiences & Special Events (From DailyDead. 6 May 2017, 11:19 AM, PDT)
- Game Theory: Paul W.S. Anderson and the Filmic Board Game (From MUBI. 13 March 2017, 8:29 AM, PDT)
- Film Review: ‘Officer Downe’ (From Variety - Film News. 17 November 2016, 5:29 PM, PST)