In the 1960 Alfred Hitchcock thriller "Psycho," embezzling secretary Marion Crane (Janet Leigh) is on her way from Phoenix to her boyfriend's California home when a pounding rainstorm forces her to take shelter in the dilapidated Bates Motel, run by the apparently shy Norman Bates (Anthony Perkins).
Unfortunately for Marion, Norman suffers from a split personality, one a browbeaten son and the other the domineering mother he killed, who comes to life in her son and goes on a murderous rampage.
So do we just blame Mom for Norman's crime -- or is there more to the story?
On Monday, March 18, A&E Network premieres the first season of "Bates Motel," a psychological thriller that delves into Norman's past while also updating the story to the present day.
Similar News Items"Lost" (2004)
- Lost Episode Festival: The 2016 Lineup Includes The Greasy Strangler And Under The Shadow (From Screen Anarchy. 29 July 2016, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- The Creators of Once Upon a Time Just Revealed a Whole Lot About Season 6 (From BuzzSugar. 25 July 2016, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- 'BoJack Horseman' creator breaks down the year's best episode of television (From Hitfix. 24 July 2016, 4:00 AM, PDT)
"Friday Night Lights" (2006)
- Palicki Joins MacFarlane's Space Dramedy Series (From Dark Horizons. 29 July 2016, 11:02 AM, PDT)
- Emmy Awards 2016: Handicapping the Top Series and Acting Races (From Variety - TV News. 28 July 2016, 11:49 AM, PDT)
- Stars Fan Out at Entertainment Weekly’s Comic-Con Party (From Variety - TV News. 26 July 2016, 11:35 AM, PDT)
Alfred Hitchcock (I)
- Newswire: Godfather of Gore H.G. Lewis to host a marathon of his splatter classics (From The AV Club. 29 July 2016, 11:48 AM, PDT)
- Interview: Director Matt Weinstein Presents ‘The Gun Equation’ at 2016 Blue Whiskey Indie Fest (From HollywoodChicago.com. 29 July 2016, 9:15 AM, PDT)
- Edgar Wright Lists His 1,000 Favorite Films Of All-Time: ‘Metropolis,’ ‘Annie Hall’ & More (From Indiewire. 27 July 2016, 12:56 PM, PDT)