Albany, N.Y. — Dozens of celebrities may be running afoul of the law as they unite under the banner of one group that is seeking to prevent a method of gas drilling in New York state.
The group says forcing water and chemicals deep into shale deposits to extract gas threatens drinking water and the environment. The group's website implores, "Tell Governor Cuomo: Don't Frack New York."
But the group and nearly 200 entertainers who are gaining attention and support in the dispute, which is splitting New Yorkers, aren't registered lobbyists, according to a search by The Associated Press of the database of the state Joint Commission on Public Ethics. State law is designed to disclose who is trying to influence government action, how much money they are spending and where the money's going. »
Similar News ItemsLady Gaga
- Lady Gaga Plays Matchmaker -- Such A Yenta! (Video) (From TMZ. 23 October 2014, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Halloween Costumes Ideas 2014 - Lady Gaga Gets Ghostly in London (From National Ledger. 23 October 2014, 10:39 AM, PDT)
- Lady Gaga Buys $23 Million Malibu Mansion with a Batcave—Yeah, You Read That Right! (From E! Online. 22 October 2014, 3:23 PM, PDT)
- Aaron Paul Puts Toys ‘R’ Us on Blast, Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Gets Canceled + More of Today’s First Dibs (From VH1.com. 24 October 2014, 6:30 AM, PDT)
- Expect more Quicksilver in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' - and maybe even a solo film? (From Hitfix. 23 October 2014, 8:10 PM, PDT)
- 'Outlander': Laura Donnelly On Her Jenny Fraser Audition (From Access Hollywood. 23 October 2014, 10:02 AM, PDT)
- HBO Orders Drama Pilot From Steve McQueen with Newcomer to Star (From Variety - TV News. 14 October 2014, 2:37 PM, PDT)
- Kimora Lee Simmons Pregnant With Fourth Child, First With Husband Tim Leissner (From Uinterview. 9 October 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Kimora Lee Simmons Pregnant With Fourth Child (From E! Online. 9 October 2014, 6:00 AM, PDT)