Throw away your pageant sash and glower at America Ferrera, because it is Vanessa Williams' 50th birthday. The woman who was crowned the first black Miss America in 1984 only to have that title revoked once nude photos of her resurfaced in Penthouse rebounded to enormous fame with a staggering music, TV, and Broadway career. She's a talent and a vision and one awesome gay advocate. In 1984, she was pro-choice and pro-gay in an era when beauty pageant contestants tried their best to express forgettably palatable opinions. She's righteous, sweet, and an Hrc honoree. Love this woman. So without further ado, let's honor Vanessa Williams with a quick countdown of her five most fabulous moments. Fight me in the comments, pleeeease.
5. The kickass self-possession of "Work to Do"
I understand that Vanessa may be more well-known for "Save the Best for Last," "Colors of the Wind," and her Christmas renditions, »
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Chris Evans Is Looking to Settle Down, Victoria Beckham Works Out in Stilettos, Kenan Thompson Is Pregnant (From ReelzChannel. 14 March 2014, 7:09 AM, PDT)
- 'Adventure Time': EW Exclusive! Check out Andy Samberg as a rapping bear on Cartoon Network's finale -- Video (From EW.com - Inside TV. 14 March 2014, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- First Dibs: Is Lena Dunham Quitting The Business? (From TheFabLife - Movies. 14 March 2014, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Renee Zellweger Hits the Red Carpet for First Appearance In Four Months: Picture (From Us Weekly. 13 March 2014, 2:45 AM, PDT)
- Renee Zellweger Stuns at First Red Carpet Appearance in Four Months (From TooFab. 12 March 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Renée Zellweger Makes Her First Red Carpet Appearance in Four Months—And She Looks Great! (From E! Online. 12 March 2014, 4:38 AM, PDT)
"Ugly Betty" (2006)
- Lindsay Lohan to Guest Star on 2 Broke Girls (From Comingsoon.net. 6 March 2014)
- Lindsay Lohan to guest on '2 Broke Girls' (From EW.com - Inside TV. 5 March 2014, 6:32 PM, PST)
- 'Cruel Intentions,' 15 years later: A definitive power list (From EW.com - PopWatch. 5 March 2014, 2:21 PM, PST)