"Olympus Has Fallen" hits theaters this weekend and if you've seen the trailers, well, it might look just a little familiar to you. Gerard Butler plays a disgraced Secret Service agent who finds himself trapped inside the White House when it's overrun by terrorists. Armed only with courage and, well, a gun, he wages a one-man war to save the President — and America itself.
In other words, it's "Die Hard" in the White House.
Not that we're bagging on "Olympus Has Fallen." Since "Die Hard" hit theaters more than a quarter century ago, dozens of films have completely ripped off its formula of one man, trapped inside ... something, facing down an overwhelming force in order to save ... someone. And since many of those ripoffs were actually totally cool action movies, we thought the release of "Olympus Has Fallen" would be the perfect time to take a look at some of »
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsBruce Willis
- Bruce Willis thriller Wake shut down due to lack of funds (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 2 March 2015, 4:37 AM, PST)
- Kaleidoscope sees raft of titles (From ScreenDaily. 2 March 2015, 4:25 AM, PST)
- Kaleidoscope sees raft of new titles (From ScreenDaily. 2 March 2015, 4:25 AM, PST)
- Three new promo images from Minions featuring Kevin, Stuart and Bob (From Flickeringmyth. 28 February 2015, 12:00 AM, PST)
- Blade Runner Sequel Director Announced, Harrison Ford’s Return Confirmed (From DailyDead. 26 February 2015, 7:08 PM, PST)
- Blade Runner Sequel Confirmed, Harrison Ford To Return (From We Got This Covered. 26 February 2015, 6:36 PM, PST)
- Remembering Leonard Nimoy: President Obama and Celebs React to the 'Star Trek' Star's Death (From Entertainment Tonight. 27 February 2015, 1:23 PM, PST)
- Hollywood Reacts to Leonard Nimoy's Death (From PEOPLE.com. 27 February 2015, 12:30 PM, PST)
- Hollywood Reacts to Leonard Nimoy's Death (From PEOPLE.com. 27 February 2015, 12:10 PM, PST)