"Olympus Has Fallen" hits theaters this weekend and if you've seen the trailers, well, it might look just a little familiar to you. Gerard Butler plays a disgraced Secret Service agent who finds himself trapped inside the White House when it's overrun by terrorists. Armed only with courage and, well, a gun, he wages a one-man war to save the President — and America itself.
In other words, it's "Die Hard" in the White House.
Not that we're bagging on "Olympus Has Fallen." Since "Die Hard" hit theaters more than a quarter century ago, dozens of films have completely ripped off its formula of one man, trapped inside ... something, facing down an overwhelming force in order to save ... someone. And since many of those ripoffs were actually totally cool action movies, we thought the release of "Olympus Has Fallen" would be the perfect time to take a look at some of »
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsBruce Willis
- How Eli Roth Is Fostering the Next Generation of Indie Horror Directors (From Indiewire. 24 June 2016, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Eli Roth and Jim Carrey Adapting Graphic Novel Aleister Arcane (From Dread Central. 22 June 2016, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Eli Roth to direct Jim Carrey in Aleister Arcane (From Flickeringmyth. 22 June 2016, 11:10 AM, PDT)
- Matthew McConaughey Reveals Which of His Female Costars He Really Had a Crush On Growing Up (From PEOPLE.com. 25 June 2016, 5:30 PM, PDT)
- Blake Lively on Filming The Shallows and Her Amazing Burger Hack (From PEOPLE.com. 24 June 2016, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- Elizabeth Banks Was Considered “Too Old” For Mary-Jane Role In 2002’s Spider-Man (From We Got This Covered. 22 June 2016, 2:12 PM, PDT)
- Eli Roth To Direct Death Wish Remake (From TheMovieBit. 21 June 2016, 12:47 AM, PDT)
- Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Synopsis Teases Classic Marvel Characters (From MovieWeb. 20 June 2016, 10:06 AM, PDT)
- New synopses for Marvel’s Doctor Strange and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (From Flickeringmyth. 20 June 2016, 8:28 AM, PDT)