The second film of the year to feature a South Korean director making his Western debut, Park Chan-wook’s Stoker has already divided critics and audiences sharply. In a two-part review, Ricky, Edgar and Simon try to earn royalties from the Hitchcock estate by evoking the master of suspense’s name as often as possible. Following that, a brief but wide-ranging discussion on the possible implications of Kickstarter-funded filmmaking.
Emily Wells – “Becomes the Color”
Stitcher Smart Radio
You can now hear our podcast on Stitcher Smart Radio.
Stitcher allows you to listen to your favorite shows directly from your iPhone, Android Phone, Kindle, Fire, and beyond. On/demand and on the go!
Don’t have Stitcher? Download it for free today at Stitcher.com or any app!store. Stitcher Smart Radio / The Smarter Way to listen to radio.
- Sordid Cinema Podcast
Similar News ItemsStoker (2013)
- Contest: Win Crimson Peak on Blu-ray / DVD (From DailyDead. 8 February 2016, 12:21 PM, PST)
- Park Chan-wook To Helm "Genocidal Organ"? (From Dark Horizons. 6 February 2016, 8:20 PM, PST)
- Top 100 Most Anticipated Foreign Films of 2016: #21. Park Chan-wook’s The Handmaid (From ioncinema. 12 January 2016, 3:00 PM, PST)
Emily Wells (I)
- Icons Of Fright Presents Rob G.’S Top 5 Sdtks Of 2013! (From Icons of Fright. 5 January 2014, 11:33 AM, PST)
- What should be on the Oscar shortlist for best song? (From The Guardian - Film News. 17 December 2013, 4:21 AM, PST)
- David Cross, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, The Lonely Island and more to guest on the new Deltron 3030 record (From The AV Club. 10 July 2013, 10:15 AM, PDT)