First episode in new series sees Time Lord battling Wi-fi monsters in modern-day thriller set in London
He might be more likely to order a Jammie Dodger than a vodka martini, but that won't stop the Doctor following in James Bond's footsteps this Easter as the Time Lord returns to screens in a modern-day, London-set thriller.
With London's skyline as a backdrop, the first episode in this new series of Doctor Who, sees him battle with Wi-fi monsters, meet new companion Clara (again) and race through the city's streets on a motorbike.
All this and Celia Imrie still comes close to stealing the show as a brilliant, sharp baddie.
"We thought let's do it as a proper London thriller, as close as you can get – given that Doctor Who is mad – to James Bond," said showrunner Steven Moffat at a special screening of the episode, The Bells of Saint John. »
- Vicky Frost
Similar News ItemsNeil Gaiman
- The James Clayton Column: We need these sequels (From Den of Geek. 4 December 2013, 2:05 AM, PST)
- Daily Dead 2013 Holiday Gift Guide- Day Two (From DailyDead. 3 December 2013, 3:00 PM, PST)
- Doctor Who series 8 news round-up (From Den of Geek. 28 November 2013, 12:46 AM, PST)
"Doctor Who" (2005)
- Richard Madden: 'You get a lot of terrified actors tearing through the script, going, Do I die?' (From The Guardian - TV News. 7 December 2013, 4:06 PM, PST)
- The 2013 “Hey You Geeks!!” Holiday Shopping Guide (From SoundOnSight. 7 December 2013, 4:12 AM, PST)
- The Time of the Doctor Image Gallery (From Kasterborous. 7 December 2013, 12:40 AM, PST)
Matt Smith (XI)
- New images from the Doctor Who Christmas Special (From Flickeringmyth. 8 December 2013, 2:09 AM, PST)
- Leeds United 3-3 Watford: McDermott Praises Fans, Zola Convinced Of Foul In Second Leeds Goal (From Obsessed with Film. 7 December 2013, 10:56 AM, PST)
- Leeds United 3-3 Watford: Hornets Throw Away Two-Goal Lead In Elland Road Thriller (From Obsessed with Film. 7 December 2013, 9:29 AM, PST)