First episode in new series sees Time Lord battling Wi-fi monsters in modern-day thriller set in London
He might be more likely to order a Jammie Dodger than a vodka martini, but that won't stop the Doctor following in James Bond's footsteps this Easter as the Time Lord returns to screens in a modern-day, London-set thriller.
With London's skyline as a backdrop, the first episode in this new series of Doctor Who, sees him battle with Wi-fi monsters, meet new companion Clara (again) and race through the city's streets on a motorbike.
All this and Celia Imrie still comes close to stealing the show as a brilliant, sharp baddie.
"We thought let's do it as a proper London thriller, as close as you can get – given that Doctor Who is mad – to James Bond," said showrunner Steven Moffat at a special screening of the episode, The Bells of Saint John. »
- Vicky Frost
Similar News ItemsNeil Gaiman
- Jay and Silent Bob announce UK tour (From The Guardian - Film News. 12 March 2014, 3:37 AM, PDT)
- Gaiman, Levitt Meet About "Sandman" (From Dark Horizons. 11 March 2014, 9:48 PM, PDT)
- Neil Gaiman Meeting with Joseph Gordon-Levitt to Discuss ‘Sandman’ Movie (From Screen Rant. 11 March 2014, 7:46 PM, PDT)
"Doctor Who" (2005)
- Karen Gillan talks Guardians of the Galaxy role and fight scene with Zoe Saldana's Gamora (From Flickeringmyth. 12 March 2014, 2:19 AM, PDT)
- International Oculus Poster Stares into the Face of Evil (From Dread Central. 11 March 2014, 4:15 PM, PDT)
- Karen Gillan on her first time: Lead for 'Oculus' and as a villain for 'Guardians' (From Hitfix. 11 March 2014, 10:52 AM, PDT)
Matt Smith (XI)
- True Detective - Episode 3 Review (From Flickeringmyth. 12 March 2014, 12:11 AM, PDT)
- The Following Season 2 - Episode 7 (From Flickeringmyth. 10 March 2014, 12:55 AM, PDT)
- Movie Review - Yurusarezaru Mono, a.k.a. Unforgiven (2013) (From Flickeringmyth. 9 March 2014, 8:53 AM, PDT)