First episode in new series sees Time Lord battling Wi-fi monsters in modern-day thriller set in London
He might be more likely to order a Jammie Dodger than a vodka martini, but that won't stop the Doctor following in James Bond's footsteps this Easter as the Time Lord returns to screens in a modern-day, London-set thriller.
With London's skyline as a backdrop, the first episode in this new series of Doctor Who, sees him battle with Wi-fi monsters, meet new companion Clara (again) and race through the city's streets on a motorbike.
All this and Celia Imrie still comes close to stealing the show as a brilliant, sharp baddie.
"We thought let's do it as a proper London thriller, as close as you can get – given that Doctor Who is mad – to James Bond," said showrunner Steven Moffat at a special screening of the episode, The Bells of Saint John. »
- Vicky Frost
Similar News ItemsNeil Gaiman
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt working on Sandman movie script with Neil Gaiman (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 27 August 2014, 3:36 AM, PDT)
- 11 late-period 'Simpsons' episodes you should watch this week (From EW.com - Inside TV. 26 August 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Richard Attenborough dies, aged 90: Tributes to a cinema icon (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 24 August 2014, 2:49 PM, PDT)
"Doctor Who" (2005)
- Guardians of the Galaxy crosses $500 million worldwide (From Flickeringmyth. 27 August 2014, 10:01 AM, PDT)
- Doctor Who coming to Minecraft on Xbox 360 (From Digital Spy - TV news. 27 August 2014, 8:42 AM, PDT)
- Doctor Who: 10 Questions Raised By Deep Breath (From Obsessed with Film. 27 August 2014, 6:06 AM, PDT)
Matt Smith (XI)
- Doctor Who Extra: Has the BBC revived Confidential in all but name? (From Digital Spy - TV news. 27 August 2014, 7:59 AM, PDT)
- Veep Season 3 – Episode 6 Review (From Flickeringmyth. 26 August 2014, 10:50 PM, PDT)
- Doctor Who blogging: “Deep Breath” (From FlickFilosopher. 25 August 2014, 5:52 PM, PDT)