Commenting on the Critics with Simon Columb...
Angie Han writes for /Film about Midnight Screenings starting earlier:
"Midnight openings have become an important part of the moviegoing landscape in recent years, but of course not everyone can stay up until midnight, let alone stay up until midnight, sit through a two-hour movie, and drive home very late at night. So why not bump up the time just a few hours earlier to sell a few more tickets? That’s the reasoning some studios are taking, pushing their releases to Thursdays at 10 or even 7 Pm…"
Read the full article here.
Han writes an informative article detailing the purposes of the move and how public transportation, hardcore fan-bases and staffing all play a part in the necessary adjustment to screening times. But there is a bigger issue at stake here – and that is the dependency on opening weekend box office.
We continue »
- Flickering Myth
Similar News ItemsBack to the Future (1985)
- All Is Lost and 5 other incredible movies about human endurance (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 19 December 2013, 1:30 AM, PST)
- Mondo Poster Art for The Birds and Forbidden Planet (From GeekTyrant. 18 December 2013, 4:30 PM, PST)
- 'Michael J. Fox Show': See the 'Back to the Future' Reunion (Exclusive Photos) (From The Hollywood Reporter. 18 December 2013, 1:01 PM, PST)
I Am Legend (2007)
- The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Dominates Box Office with $74 Million Opening (From Worst Previews. 15 December 2013, 3:30 PM, PST)
- Box office report: 'The Hobbit' captures $73.6 million; Tyler Perry's latest 'Madea' film struggles (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 15 December 2013, 12:38 PM, PST)
- Weekend Report: 'Smaug' Sets Fire to Box Office, Misses First 'Hobbit's Mark... > (From BoxOfficeMojo.com. 15 December 2013, 12:24 PM, PST)
The Da Vinci Code (2006)
- New Transcendence Photos Of Johnny Depp, Morgan Freeman And Cillian Murphy (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 17 December 2013, 5:46 PM, PST)
- Films Lure Oscar With Slick Looks, Sharp Design (From Variety - Film News. 13 December 2013, 8:00 AM, PST)
- D.P. Sal Totino on Finding the Edge, and Falling Off (From Filmmaker Magazine. 12 December 2013, 9:25 AM, PST)