With nothing new in theaters worth getting excited about my head has been all over the (time) map of cinema. I picked this year somewhat arbitrarily to discuss.
Were you alive in 1983? Even if you weren't do you think of it fondly? To give you a little context for the year: Ronald Reagan was Potus and Nancy had just contributed "Just Say No" to the vernacular; M*A*S*H ended its lengthy run on television; Michael Jackson's "Thriller" was all anybody listened to; Cheers and Hill Street Blues were the Emmy champs.
Let's savor 1983's cinematic crop for a moment. Are these movies (and people) and things aging well? Is there much left to savor?
Best Movies According To...
- NATHANIEL R
Similar News ItemsMichael Jackson (I)
- The Worlds Of John Wick, Terminator, Star Wars, & More Collide In Amazing Mashup (From ComicBookMovie. 4 September 2015, 6:40 PM, PDT)
- Want to party with Darth Vader, Terminator and RoboCop? This movie mash-up of every club scene ever is amazing (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 4 September 2015, 4:10 PM, PDT)
- Friday The 13th 4-d Experience Announced for Las Vegas’ Fright Dome (From DailyDead. 4 September 2015, 3:02 PM, PDT)
Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983)
- Is ‘Star Wars: Aftermath’ a Good Pit Stop on the Journey to ‘The Force Awakens’? (From Slash Film. 4 September 2015, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- Preview of Journey to Star Wars: The Force Awakens – Shattered Empire #1 (From Flickeringmyth. 4 September 2015, 10:57 AM, PDT)
- John Williams 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Soundtrack Gets a Release Date (From MovieWeb. 4 September 2015, 10:05 AM, PDT)
Michael Jackson: Thriller (1983) (V)
- Rick Baker announces his retirement (From Flickeringmyth. 29 May 2015, 6:06 AM, PDT)
- Jessica Simpson's Son Ace Channels Michael Jackson—See the Precious Pic! (From E! Online. 4 February 2015, 8:45 AM, PST)
- Jessica Simpson's Son Ace Mirrors Michael Jackson's Moves, Style: Photo (From Us Weekly. 4 February 2015, 12:46 AM, PST)