The "Tonight Show" host poked fun at NBC's low ratings when Greeblatt made an appearance on his show in late February.
While Leno's jokes “For the first time in history NBC is going to finish fifth in the ratings period. We are behind the Spanish-language network Univision — or as we call it here in Los Angeles: Cinco de Ratings” and “It’s so bad, 'The Biggest Loser’ isn’t just a TV show anymore; it’s our new motto" appeared to all be in good fun, Greenblatt wasn't pleased.
After rumors began to swirl that Leno might be leaving NBC, Greenblatt sent an angry email to the talk show host which sparked a series of tense emails between the two.
NBC hasn't divulged any details on the emails, but there's no doubt that the network has seen better days. »
- Leigh Weingus
Similar News ItemsJay Leno
- Craig Ferguson's Final 'Late Late Show' Ends With a Twist (From Entertainment Tonight. 19 December 2014, 11:06 PM, PST)
- Craig Ferguson Signs Off ‘Late Late Show’ with Jay Leno, Homage to Classic TV Finales (From Variety - TV News. 19 December 2014, 10:57 PM, PST)
- Late Late Show: Craig Ferguson Says Goodbye With Incredible Twist Ending (From TVLine.com. 19 December 2014, 10:54 PM, PST)
"The Biggest Loser" (2004)
- NBC 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 12/19/14) (From TVSeriesFinale. 19 December 2014, 12:53 PM, PST)
- Thursday TV Ratings: Elementary, Biggest Loser, The Taste, iHeartradio, McCarthys (From TVSeriesFinale. 19 December 2014, 12:13 PM, PST)
- Ratings: Quiet Start for NBC’s ‘People Magazine Awards’ (From Variety - TV News. 19 December 2014, 9:12 AM, PST)
- Jimmy Fallon Leaves Dry Land to Ride in Jerry Seinfeld’s Boat in ‘Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee’ Finale (Video) (From The Wrap. 18 December 2014, 12:22 PM, PST)
- Jerry Seinfeld Asked By Crackle ‘Boss’ Michael Richards to Impregnate His Wife (Exclusive Video) (From The Wrap. 18 December 2014, 9:09 AM, PST)
- Jerry Seinfeld on the Comedians in Cars Season Finale and Late-Night TV (From Vulture. 18 December 2014, 9:00 AM, PST)