In The Call, Halle Berry plays a 911 emergency operator who must help save Abigail Breslin from a murderer over the phone. In the film, Berry also makes a convincing argument for why she deserves to enter the pantheon of great actors who give great performances in classic B-movies.
So, what makes a classic B-movie? Well, either it was meant to be good, but fell magnificently and embarrassingly short, or it was meant to be a silly piece of fluff, but turned into an inadvertent masterpiece because of the love put into it. Basically, B-movies are films we love to watch over and over again, but would never admit to liking them in public. Liking a B-Movie may be controversial, but loving a famous actor’s performance is only natural.
Here’s our countdown of the 20 Best B-Movie Performances of all time:
- Meghan O'Keefe
Similar News ItemsHalle Berry
- Kitty, Bishop, Beast & Mystique In New X-men: Days Of Future Past Images (From ComicBookMovie. 13 March 2014, 9:59 PM, PDT)
- CBS Renews All But Four Of Its Series (From Dark Horizons. 13 March 2014, 9:32 PM, PDT)
- CBS Renews ‘Good Wife,’ ‘Mom,’ ‘Two and a Half Men,’ 15 Others (From The Wrap. 13 March 2014, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Abigail Breslin and Georgie Henley Kill Their Mom in Perfect Sisters Trailer—Watch Now! (From E! Online. 12 March 2014, 6:48 AM, PDT)
- New VOD and Streaming Movies, Plus: How to Watch 'American Hustle' and 'Veronica Mars' at Home Before Disc (From Movies.com. 12 March 2014)
- Is Abigail Breslin This Generation’s Ultimate Final Girl? (From FilmSchoolRejects. 11 March 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
The Call (2013/II)
- We love you, now change: What other actors are due for a McConaissance? (From EW.com - PopWatch. 6 March 2014, 2:50 PM, PST)
- The 2014 Annual Razzie Awards (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 3 March 2014, 11:25 AM, PST)
- Win a Copy of Spike Lee's Oldboy on DVD (From Dread Central. 3 March 2014, 9:00 AM, PST)