Daniel Radcliffe has said that he has no regrets about his role in the Harry Potter film franchise.
The 23-year-old actor said that he is "incredibly proud" of his involvement in the blockbuster series and is happy to be associated with his character well into the future.
Speaking to Yahoo! News, Radcliffe said that it felt like the press expected his role as the boy wizard to limit his career.
"I feel like everyone wanted Potter to be more of a handcuff than it actually was," he said.
"I think [the phenomenon] is going to be around for a while - a long while - but as long as it doesn't inhibit me getting parts in the present time, then it's fine.
"It's a lovely association to have, because it's something I'm incredibly proud of."
Radcliffe - who has gone on to star in TV dramas and films following the conclusion of the franchise, »
Similar News ItemsDaniel Radcliffe
- Good TV Ratings Bring Back Oscar Producers for Third Consecutive Year (From Alt Film Guide. 22 April 2014, 5:32 PM, PDT)
- Changing Rooms: Where James Franco, Denzel Washington, and More Get Ready for Broadway (From Vulture. 22 April 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Daniel Radcliffe finally goes public with girlfriend Erin Darke (From RealBollywood. 22 April 2014, 4:28 AM, PDT)
The Woman in Black (2012)
- Make Some Noise for This Quiet Ones Prize Package (From Dread Central. 21 April 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- St. Louis: Win Run of Engagement Passes for ‘The Quiet Ones’ (From Destroy the Brain. 18 April 2014, 5:39 PM, PDT)
- The Quiet Ones Are Quiet No More In Creepy New Trailer (From We Got This Covered. 17 April 2014, 4:53 PM, PDT)
Kill Your Darlings (2013)
- what’s on Netflix UK, Amazon UK Instant Video, blinkbox, BBC iPlayer (from Apr 21) (From FlickFilosopher. 21 April 2014, 8:05 AM, PDT)
- 10 Great Movies About Writing (From Obsessed with Film. 21 April 2014, 7:08 AM, PDT)
- Win Oldboy on DVD (From HeyUGuys. 17 April 2014, 1:44 AM, PDT)