(500) Days of Summer, 2009.
Directed by Marc Webb.
Boy meets girl. Boy falls in love. Girl doesn’t.
(500) Days of Summer is a nice little film I recommend to all my friends simply by calling it ‘a lad’s chick flick’. When young men hear the words ‘chick flick’ we all groan, and we all know the feeling of having to sit through them with the girlfriend, however(500) Days of Summer offers a slightly different twist on the genre. It’s from the man’s perspective and this is why I’ll always refer to it as a ‘lad’s chick flick’.
Unlike it’s female-aimed counterparts, this film focuses as much on the break-up as the getting together, and with some clever editing and smart storytelling, it ensures you never forget that it’s not a love story, »
- Flickering Myth
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Retro 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Posters Revisit 1977 (From MovieWeb. 27 November 2015, 1:38 PM, PST)
- 10 Movies Which Were Completely Changed After Test Screenings (From Obsessed with Film. 27 November 2015, 5:22 AM, PST)
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' TV Trailer Shows Explosive New Footage (From MovieWeb. 26 November 2015, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Two new clips from ‘The Night Before’ (From Blogomatic3000. 27 November 2015, 9:04 AM, PST)
- Adam Sandler adds new celebrities to 'Chanukah Song' (From Hitfix. 26 November 2015, 4:32 AM, PST)
- 'Don Juan', 'Ukrainian Sheriffs' win at Idfa (From ScreenDaily. 26 November 2015, 4:28 AM, PST)
Marc Webb (I)
- Composers Mychael Danna And Jeff Danna Utilize Alternative World Music Instruments For The Good Dinosaur Score (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 23 November 2015, 5:19 PM, PST)
- ‘Crazy Ex-Girlfriend’ and ‘iZombie’ Get Additional Episodes at the CW (From Variety - TV News. 23 November 2015, 12:46 PM, PST)
- Top First Date Movies (From The Hollywood News. 9 November 2015, 4:45 AM, PST)