(500) Days of Summer, 2009.
Directed by Marc Webb.
Boy meets girl. Boy falls in love. Girl doesn’t.
(500) Days of Summer is a nice little film I recommend to all my friends simply by calling it ‘a lad’s chick flick’. When young men hear the words ‘chick flick’ we all groan, and we all know the feeling of having to sit through them with the girlfriend, however(500) Days of Summer offers a slightly different twist on the genre. It’s from the man’s perspective and this is why I’ll always refer to it as a ‘lad’s chick flick’.
Unlike it’s female-aimed counterparts, this film focuses as much on the break-up as the getting together, and with some clever editing and smart storytelling, it ensures you never forget that it’s not a love story, »
- Flickering Myth
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Weekend Box Office Report: July 21-23, 2017 (From JoBlo. 23 July 2017, 12:08 PM, PDT)
- ‘Dunkirk’ Battles To Top Spot, ‘Valerian’ Flops [Box Office] (From The Playlist. 23 July 2017, 8:49 AM, PDT)
- What Sets Christopher Nolan Apart From Other Blockbuster Directors (From Flickeringmyth. 23 July 2017, 6:30 AM, PDT)
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Son (From ET Canada. 20 July 2017, 2:08 PM, PDT)
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Baby Boy No. 2 (From Entertainment Tonight. 20 July 2017, 1:15 PM, PDT)
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Baby No. 2 (From E! Online. 20 July 2017, 11:43 AM, PDT)
Chloë Grace Moretz
- Madison Beer Has Already Met Boyfriend Brooklyn Beckham's Mom: Inside the New Couple's Dinner with Victoria (From PEOPLE.com. 21 July 2017, 12:21 PM, PDT)
- Brooklyn Beckham Is Dating Singer and YouTube Star Madison Beer (From PEOPLE.com. 21 July 2017, 6:20 AM, PDT)
- "Kick-Ass 3" - 'Hit-Girl' Becomes 'Hit-Woman' (From SneakPeek. 20 July 2017, 8:22 PM, PDT)