Mr Selfridge came to a close last weekend in suitably dramatic fashion, but fear not fans of the glamourous period drama, ITV has already given a green light to series two.
And if you can't wait that long for your next fix, the DVD of series one is out now. Digital Spy caught up with one of the show's stars, Zoë Tapper, to chat about its success and her TV heroes.
Why do you think people fell in love with Mr Selfridge?
"I think it's glamorous. I think it's escapist television. People are pulled into this world on a Sunday night that is a totally different world to the one we live in now. It fills in a big hole in the scheduling and I think that's why people have warmed to it.
"Mr Selfridge is a lot more accessible than shows like Downton. Everyone knows the store, but not everyone knows the story. »
Similar News ItemsKate Winslet
- Kate Winslet, Molly Sims and Other Celebs Paint Their Baby Bumps for The Belly Art Project (From PEOPLE.com. 26 October 2016, 11:15 AM, PDT)
- Fall 2016’s Most Anticipated Films (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 24 October 2016, 2:06 PM, PDT)
- Let's Talk About How Ridiculously Cute Justin Timberlake Looks at the Latest Trolls Premiere (From Popsugar. 24 October 2016, 12:20 PM, PDT)
Helen Mirren (I)
- Gaming the Oscars: How Actors Hedge their Bets When They Submit as Lead or Supporting (From Indiewire. 26 October 2016, 9:59 AM, PDT)
- Taking ‘The Crown’: Behind the Royal Treatment of Netflix’s New Series (From Variety - TV News. 26 October 2016, 9:45 AM, PDT)
- Chanel Haute Hijabs on Display in Boutique Windows on Rodeo Drive (From The Hollywood Reporter. 26 October 2016, 6:01 AM, PDT)
- The Clock Resets In This New Trailer For Fox's 24: Legacy (From LatinoReview. 26 October 2016, 5:34 AM, PDT)
- The clock resets in new 24: Legacy trailer (From Flickeringmyth. 26 October 2016, 1:35 AM, PDT)
- The clock resets in first look at ’24: Legacy’ (From The Hollywood News. 25 October 2016, 11:39 PM, PDT)