Les Miserables is a movie that transcends genre. It's more than a drama; it's more than a musical.
It is, quite simply, an experience.
The plot, as anyone acquainted with either the long-running stage musical or the Victor Hugo classic on which it is based can attest, is spread out across a long canvas. In 1816, Jean Valjean (Hugh Jackman) is paroled after serving a 19-year sentence for stealing a loaf of bread.
Despite warnings from prison guard Javert (Russell Crowe), Valjean breaks his lifelong parole in search of a higher redemption, eventually becoming mayor of a small town in France where he runs a textiles factory.
One of his employees, Fantine (Anne Hathaway) is fired from the factory when it is discovered she is supporting a daughter, Cosette, who was born out of wedlock. Valjean is ignorant of due to the arrival of his town's new chief of police, Javert. »
Similar News ItemsAnne Hathaway
- 6 Things We Learned About the Oscars From Jennifer Lawrence's Other Date (From Popsugar. 6 March 2014, 2:35 PM, PST)
- The Devil Wears Prada (From Sky Movies. 6 March 2014, 10:12 AM, PST)
- Bruno Mars & Janelle Monae Go to Rio 2 (From kidspickflicks. 6 March 2014, 6:36 AM, PST)
- Wolverine Will Eventually Be Recast, Says Hugh Jackman (From We Got This Covered. 4 March 2014, 4:00 PM, PST)
- The Egot: Which Stars Are Almost There? (From Popsugar. 4 March 2014, 2:02 PM, PST)
- The Egot: Which Stars Are Almost There? (From BuzzSugar. 4 March 2014, 2:02 PM, PST)
- Darren Aronofsky Builds An Ark In New Noah Movie Featurette; “Fountains of the Deep: Visions of Noah and the Flood” Exhibit Opens March 7 (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 6 March 2014, 7:48 PM, PST)
- ‘Noah’ Not Floating Into The Middle East? (From The Hollywood News. 6 March 2014, 1:30 PM, PST)
- Impressive Featurette for Noah Focuses on The Ark (From GeekTyrant. 6 March 2014, 1:30 PM, PST)