Geek icon Joss Whedon takes on The Bard in Much Ado About Nothing and creates a Shakespearean comedy/tragedy for the modern era. Fans of Whedon (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Avengers) may not appreciate his stylistic black and white updating of the classic play, but they will surely appreciate the use of a cast which includes Nathan Fillion and Sean Maher (Serenity, Firefly), Amy Acker and Alexis Denisof (Angel), and Clark Gregg (The Avengers).
Whedon himself, after fording a number of questions at Austin’s indie film festival SXSW about why he decided to do Shakespeare, ended up saying that the answer should be clear once audiences saw his movie. I took that to mean, after watching the film, that Shakespeare’s genius is just as relevant today as it was hundreds of years ago.
Whedon has set the Shakespearean play Much Ado About Nothing in modern times because Shakespeare’s perception of love, »
- Matt Joseph
Similar News ItemsThe Avengers (2012)
- Sony Says Spider-Man Spinoffs Could Have R-Ratings (From We Got This Covered. 19 July 2017, 7:54 PM, PDT)
- The Week in Spandex – The Pre-San Diego Comic-Con Edition (From Flickeringmyth. 19 July 2017, 3:31 PM, PDT)
- Is Zack Snyder Trying To Distance Himself From Justice League? (From We Got This Covered. 18 July 2017, 10:50 AM, PDT)
- Shazam! will be the next DC film to go into production, director confirmed (From Flickeringmyth. 20 July 2017, 10:14 AM, PDT)
- Justice League Action Shot Unites Three Of The Six (From We Got This Covered. 20 July 2017, 8:34 AM, PDT)
- Batman V Superman Cinematographer Says Justice League Looks “Incredible” (From We Got This Covered. 19 July 2017, 3:21 PM, PDT)
- ‘Dunkirk’ Opens Solidly With $2.2 Million in 7 European Markets (From Variety - Film News. 20 July 2017, 11:02 AM, PDT)
- “Dunkirk” is a towering achievement from Christopher Nolan (From Hollywoodnews.com. 20 July 2017, 10:41 AM, PDT)
- Why Mark Rylance Hopes 'Dunkirk' Speaks to Younger Viewers (Thanks to Harry Styles) (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 20 July 2017, 9:24 AM, PDT)