Kevin Feige, President of Production at Marvel Studios discussed the family appeal of Iron Man with About.com. They have added a new character to the storyline: a ten year-old kid named Harley (played by Ty Simpkins).
“Here he is in the middle of Tennessee with his hat pulled low, and he’s trying to do this investigation. And there’s this very sweet and funny relationship that he begins with this little boy.”
It sounds like they are trying to be more inclusive with the franchise. Most younger kids I know already liked Iron Man anyway but I suppose inserting a kid into the story helps them connect better.
Apparently they auditioned a bunch of kids and when they made their decision, actor Robert Downey Jr. broke the news himself. Feige said:
“…when he came out of school, his cell phone rang and it was Robert Downey, »
- Alex Corey
Similar News ItemsRobert Downey Jr.
- Where the Road Runs Out to play at The Heartland Film Festival (From HeyUGuys. 23 September 2014, 2:30 AM, PDT)
- Win Passes to An Advance Screening of The Judge (From CinemaNerdz. 22 September 2014, 9:01 PM, PDT)
- The Good, the Bad & the Badass: Simon Pegg (From JoBlo. 21 September 2014, 4:46 PM, PDT)
The Avengers (2012)
- New Trailer For Kingsman: The Secret Service (From We Got This Covered. 23 September 2014, 4:07 AM, PDT)
- Jeremy Renner For Hansel And Gretel: Witch Hunters 2? Here Is His Answer (From Cinema Blend. 22 September 2014, 12:59 PM, PDT)
- Marvel's Agents of Shield S2 character speculation Part 1 (From Shadowlocked. 22 September 2014, 9:32 AM, PDT)
Iron Man (2008)
- Apparently Thanos Might Not Be The Most Powerful Villain In The Marvel Universe (From Cinema Blend. 22 September 2014, 10:01 AM, PDT)
- Marvel To Adapt The Avengers into A Two-Part Comic Book This December (From ComicBookMovie. 21 September 2014, 12:39 PM, PDT)
- The Week in Spandex – Avengers: Age of Ultron, Deadpool, Doctor Strange, Venom, Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad, DC Television and more (From Flickeringmyth. 20 September 2014, 6:35 AM, PDT)