Howard Stern has rejected the idea that he would take over "Late Night" from current host Jimmy Fallon if Fallon were to vacate the slot in the event of Jay Leno's retirement, a rumor sparked by anonymous sources in The New York Post.
"First of all, what an insult," Stern said on his SiriusXM radio show Monday. "[After] all the years of my career. I'm, like, the biggest guy in radio. I've done film. I've done television ... I mean, they act like I'm some kind of fucking beginner or something. Maybe if I'm really nice to NBC they'll let me take over Carson Daly's show at like 2 o'clock in the morning."
The Post reported that NBC hired Stern as a judge on "America's Got Talent" to test him for a broad audience, and considered installing him as the "Late Night" host after he performed well on that show.
- The Huffington Post
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- The Nostalgia Files: ‘Scrooged’ (1988) (From SoundOnSight. 24 December 2014, 3:00 PM, PST)
- Amy Adams Says She’s ‘Frustrated’ by ‘Today’s’ Last-Minute Interview Cancellation (From The Wrap. 24 December 2014, 12:35 PM, PST)
- One Direction's Niall Horan Romps in His Undies for Christmas (From PEOPLE.com. 24 December 2014, 11:30 AM, PST)
- Jerry Seinfeld Reveals Queens Catastrophe on Jimmy Fallon’s ‘Worst I Ever Bombed’ (Video) (From The Wrap. 24 December 2014, 7:06 AM, PST)
- Watch Jerry Seinfeld's Hilarious 'Tonight Show' Stand-Up (From Rolling Stone. 24 December 2014, 6:20 AM, PST)
- Can bandleaders breathe new life into late-night TV? (From The Guardian - TV News. 24 December 2014, 5:00 AM, PST)
- 'Bachelor' Star Trista Sutter Responds to Jay Leno's Harsh Diss (From Entertainment Tonight. 23 December 2014, 7:43 AM, PST)
- Trista Sutter Thanks Jay Leno for "the Shout-Out" After He Tells Awkward Story on The Late Late Show (From Us Weekly. 23 December 2014, 1:15 AM, PST)
- Trista Sutter Handles Jay Leno's Late Late Show Diss With Class After He Talks About How Boring She Was to Interview (From E! Online. 22 December 2014, 5:49 PM, PST)