By Tara Fowler
The "Incredible Burt Wonderstone" conjures itself into theaters this Friday. Steve Carell and Steve Buscemi star as two Vegas magicians who must team up to take on a new breed of illusionist: a street performer played by Jim Carrey. In honor of this new feature (which will find itself dueling a wizard at the box office this weekend), we combed the Internet for five interesting facts you may not know about one of the world's most elusive arts.
1) Prince Charles is a trained stage magician: The Prince of Wales is a member of Britain's Magic Circle, having gained entrance in 1975 after performing the famous Cups and Balls trick. Other famous members include Siegfried and Roy, David Copperfield, and Jonathan and Charlotte Pendragon.
2) At least 12 magicians have died as a result of attempting the Bullet Catch: Luckily one of them wasn't Christian Bale. In all seriousness, however, this trick, »
- MTV Movies Team
Similar News ItemsChristian Bale
- John Williams’ 12 Most Underappreciated Musical Cues (From Indiewire. 30 June 2016, 9:47 AM, PDT)
- 9 Actors You Probably Didn’t Know Almost Played Batman (From We Got This Covered. 29 June 2016, 6:25 PM, PDT)
- Alberto Rodriguez’s ‘Marshland’ Wins Spain’s Best Film Export Award (From Variety - Film News. 29 June 2016, 11:55 AM, PDT)
- Where to Watch the Best TV of 2016 (From Indiewire Television. 1 July 2016, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Where to Watch the Best TV of 2016 (From Indiewire. 1 July 2016, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- What to See at the Movies in July (From Rolling Stone. 30 June 2016, 9:43 AM, PDT)
- Rapid Round: Michel Gondry on Why He'd Never Do a Superhero Movie Again (From The Hollywood Reporter. 1 July 2016, 5:02 PM, PDT)
- Netflix UK: 25 underappreciated comedies to watch now (From Den of Geek. 29 June 2016, 11:14 AM, PDT)
- Central Intelligence review: ” The comedy is never hilarious and the action is never breathtaking.” (From The Hollywood News. 27 June 2016, 1:55 AM, PDT)