Award ceremonies. Loved up celebrities congratulating each other for their brilliance just like George Clooney at the 2005 Oscars where he passionately implied that Hollywood was the only saving grace of the universe. Smug gits like Clooney aside, we love award ceremonies and they are made so much better by a good old controversy.
I for one, would rather watch celebrities making prats of themselves or upsetting the status quo than receiving another useless award. Ten times more amusing. And thanks to the gigantic egos celebrities have, there is usually someone on side to do a ‘Kanye’ or a ‘Marlon’ or a ‘Madonna’.
In the spirit of schadenfreude, I gleefully present to you 10 controversial award ceremony moments.
10. Did Marisa Tomei Actually Win?
- Clare Simpson
Similar News ItemsGeorge Clooney
- George and Amal Clooney Hit the Open Road For a Ride on His Motorcycle (From Popsugar. 22 August 2016, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- Which Batman Character Would Win In The Casino (From Legions of Gotham. 22 August 2016, 9:31 AM, PDT)
- Top Ten Box Office Takeaways: Why ‘Ben-Hur’ Is Biggest Flop Among Wimpy Openers (From Indiewire. 22 August 2016, 7:24 AM, PDT)
- Halt and Catch Fire’s Jona Xiao joins Spider-Man: Homecoming (From Flickeringmyth. 23 August 2016, 6:57 AM, PDT)
- Actress Jona Xiao Joins Spider-man: Homecoming (From LatinoReview. 23 August 2016, 5:28 AM, PDT)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming Adds One More To Its Cast (From We Got This Covered. 22 August 2016, 10:58 PM, PDT)
Miranda Richardson (I)
- Fury Road's Josh Helman to play bare-knuckle fighter in My Name is Lenny (From IF.com.au. 22 August 2016, 8:59 PM, PDT)
- Boxing Movie ‘My Name Is Lenny’ Starts to Shoot in London (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 22 August 2016, 1:40 AM, PDT)
- New image from Churchill starring Brian Cox as filming wraps (From Flickeringmyth. 27 June 2016, 6:20 AM, PDT)