With Columbia Pictures revealing that all of the production for Marc Webb's superhero sequel The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is taking place in New York City, the first details of the location, set and some storyline hints have been uncovered by The Wall Street Journal. Here are some of the highlights from their article.
"The production sprawls over about 300,000 square feet at four facilities in Long Island and Brooklyn.
The movie began shooting Feb. 1 and will take 151 days to shoot, but just a few dozen will take place on locations in the city and upstate. They will spend one day filming in the real Times Square, but 50 to 65 days shooting on Long Island.
The film is being shot at Marcy Armory in Brooklyn, as well as at Long Island's Gold Coast Studios and Grumman Studios, both in Bethpage.
The set hints at life beyond high school, including a Columbia University »
Similar News ItemsEmma Stone (III)
- The Croods DVD Review (From The Hollywood News. 7 December 2013, 11:52 PM, PST)
- Doctor Octopus Joins OsCorp in Latest The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Daily Bugle Viral (From MovieWeb. 6 December 2013, 3:33 PM, PST)
- The Flickering Myth Reaction to The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Trailer (From Flickeringmyth. 6 December 2013, 3:32 PM, PST)
Andrew Garfield (I)
- Doctor Octopus name-dropped in latest Daily Bugle viral article for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (From Flickeringmyth. 7 December 2013, 6:07 AM, PST)
- 9 dubious movie remakes: Psycho, Let Me In, Amazing Spider-Man, more (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 7 December 2013, 1:30 AM, PST)
- 7 Stories That Could Merge The X-Men, Spider-Man & Marvel Cinematic Universes (From Obsessed with Film. 6 December 2013, 11:07 PM, PST)
- The Week in Spandex - The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Batman vs. Superman vs. Wonder Woman, X-Men: Apocalypse, Wolverine, The Incredible Hulk and more (From Flickeringmyth. 8 December 2013, 5:07 AM, PST)
- Win Official The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Concept Art! (From MovieWeb. 7 December 2013, 10:01 AM, PST)
- Win This Amazing Spider-man 2 Concept Art (From ComicBookMovie. 7 December 2013, 9:10 AM, PST)