James Holmes, who is accused of murdering 12 people and injuring 59 others at an Aurora, Co movie theater screening of "The Dark Knight Rises" last summer, has plead not guilty. District Court Judge William Sylvester entered a standard Not Guilty plea on Tuesday, denying Holmes' lawyer's request for more time to build a case for a plea of not guilty by reason of insanity.
"As far as we're concerned, they are entering a plea of not guilty, and what they have done to this point is not sufficient to enter a plea of not guilty by reason of insanity," Arapahoe County Ada Karen Pearson said, according to E! Online.
On April 1, prosecutors will announce whether they plan to seek the death penalty. Holmes is likely to be given truth serum or a mandatory lie-detector test. He is charged with 24 counts of first-degree murder, 116 counts of attempted murder, possession of explosive devices and inciting violence. »
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Why the Marvel Fanboys are Hypocritical (From ComicBookMovie. 24 October 2014, 5:01 PM, PDT)
- Jesse Eisenberg in talks for Lex Luthor role in Suicide Squad (From Flickeringmyth. 24 October 2014, 12:45 PM, PDT)
- Evan Peters’ Quicksilver returning for X-Men: Apocalypse, talk of solo movie (From Flickeringmyth. 24 October 2014, 12:15 PM, PDT)
William H. Sylvester
- Aurora movie-theater shooter to plead insanity (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 8 May 2013, 5:49 AM, PDT)
- 2001: A Space Odyssey a dark visual essay on the failings of mankind (From SoundOnSight. 28 April 2013, 8:04 PM, PDT)
- James Holmes: Judge Enters Not Guilty Plea for Accused Aurora Shooter (From PEOPLE.com. 12 March 2013, 3:30 PM, PDT)
Karen Pearson (I)
- Aurora Theater Shooting: Judge Enters Not Guilty Plea for James Holmes (From E! Online. 12 March 2013, 2:45 PM, PDT)
- James Holmes Was Barred From Campus Before Attack (From Huffington Post. 28 September 2012, 10:03 AM, PDT)
- James Holmes Told Classmate He'd Kill People Months Before Aurora Theater Shooting (From The Hollywood Reporter. 25 August 2012, 11:10 AM, PDT)