James Holmes, who is accused of murdering 12 people and injuring 59 others at an Aurora, Co movie theater screening of "The Dark Knight Rises" last summer, has plead not guilty. District Court Judge William Sylvester entered a standard Not Guilty plea on Tuesday, denying Holmes' lawyer's request for more time to build a case for a plea of not guilty by reason of insanity.
"As far as we're concerned, they are entering a plea of not guilty, and what they have done to this point is not sufficient to enter a plea of not guilty by reason of insanity," Arapahoe County Ada Karen Pearson said, according to E! Online.
On April 1, prosecutors will announce whether they plan to seek the death penalty. Holmes is likely to be given truth serum or a mandatory lie-detector test. He is charged with 24 counts of first-degree murder, 116 counts of attempted murder, possession of explosive devices and inciting violence. »
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Tdkr's Anne Hathaway Controls A Giant Monster In The First Trailer For Nacho Vigalondo’s Colossal (From ComicBookMovie. 19 January 2017, 2:29 PM, PST)
- ‘Dark Night’ Clip: Tim Sutton Takes on American Gun Culture In His Latest Sundance Film (From Indiewire. 17 January 2017, 12:44 PM, PST)
- Update: Marvel adapting Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, complete with material cut from the film (From Flickeringmyth. 17 January 2017, 9:50 AM, PST)
William H. Sylvester
- Appointment with Crime (From Trailers from Hell. 20 June 2016, 8:16 PM, PDT)
- Academy Buys ‘2001: A Space Odyssey’ Shuttle for $344,000 (From Variety - Film News. 29 March 2015, 12:43 PM, PDT)
- Re-Viewed: 2001 A Space Odyssey, Stanley Kubrick's sci-fi masterpiece (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 29 November 2014, 1:30 AM, PST)
Karen Pearson (I)
- Aurora Theater Shooting: Judge Enters Not Guilty Plea for James Holmes (From E! Online. 12 March 2013, 2:45 PM, PDT)
- James Holmes Told Classmate He'd Kill People Months Before Aurora Theater Shooting (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 25 August 2012, 11:10 AM, PDT)