James Holmes, who is accused of murdering 12 people and injuring 59 others at an Aurora, Co movie theater screening of "The Dark Knight Rises" last summer, has plead not guilty. District Court Judge William Sylvester entered a standard Not Guilty plea on Tuesday, denying Holmes' lawyer's request for more time to build a case for a plea of not guilty by reason of insanity.
"As far as we're concerned, they are entering a plea of not guilty, and what they have done to this point is not sufficient to enter a plea of not guilty by reason of insanity," Arapahoe County Ada Karen Pearson said, according to E! Online.
On April 1, prosecutors will announce whether they plan to seek the death penalty. Holmes is likely to be given truth serum or a mandatory lie-detector test. He is charged with 24 counts of first-degree murder, 116 counts of attempted murder, possession of explosive devices and inciting violence. »
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Why Josh Harnett Said No to Nolan's Batman Trilogy (From MovieWeb. 21 June 2017, 5:44 PM, PDT)
- 'Cars 3' Speeds to Weekend #1 as 'Wonder Woman' Tops $570M Worldwide (From BoxOfficeMojo.com. 18 June 2017, 8:36 AM, PDT)
- Early Reactions To War For The Planet Of The Apes Are In — Does The Trilogy End Strong? (From LRM Online. 16 June 2017, 5:15 PM, PDT)
William H. Sylvester
- Appointment with Crime (From Trailers from Hell. 20 June 2016, 8:16 PM, PDT)
- Academy Buys ‘2001: A Space Odyssey’ Shuttle for $344,000 (From Variety - Film News. 29 March 2015, 12:43 PM, PDT)
- Re-Viewed: 2001 A Space Odyssey, Stanley Kubrick's sci-fi masterpiece (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 29 November 2014, 1:30 AM, PST)
Karen Pearson (I)
- It Came From The Tube: When Michael Calls (1972) (From DailyDead. 26 March 2017, 9:56 AM, PDT)
- Aurora Theater Shooting: Judge Enters Not Guilty Plea for James Holmes (From E! Online. 12 March 2013, 2:45 PM, PDT)
- James Holmes Told Classmate He'd Kill People Months Before Aurora Theater Shooting (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 25 August 2012, 11:10 AM, PDT)