Alex de La Iglesia's career has been varied, but I instantly fell in love with The Last Circus when that oddity reached the U.S. It felt like he had been creatively reinvigorated and I looked forward to what he'd do next. Following that film, he went on to do As Luck Would Have It (which I haven't seen yet). This year sees the release of Witching & Bitching and we have a trailer for you inside (courtesy of Rtve).
The preview looks great. Fueled by some aggressive music, the visuals introduce a gang of thieves who appear to pull off a public heist and then hit the road. In their journey, however, they run into a coven of witches and then shit gets really weird. The film opens overseas this fall; we'll keep you posted on domestic release news.
Read more »
Similar News ItemsÁlex de la Iglesia
- Ibermedia, Caci, Latin America’s Public TVs Unveil 6th Doctv (From Variety - Film News. 16 March 2017, 10:14 AM, PDT)
- Mexico’s Guadalajara Fest Tackles Trump, Highlights New Talent, Latin American VOD (From Variety - Film News. 10 March 2017, 7:53 AM, PST)
- Berlin Film Review: ‘The Bar’ (From Variety - Film News. 15 February 2017, 1:30 PM, PST)
The Last Circus (2010)
- New to Streaming: ‘Tale of Tales,’ ‘The Foot Fist Way,’ ‘My Big Night,’ ‘Magical Girl,’ and More (From The Film Stage. 22 April 2016, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- [Review] My Big Night (From The Film Stage. 13 April 2016, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- My Big Night Review (From We Got This Covered. 11 April 2016, 7:00 AM, PDT)