Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and FIFA 13 were the biggest-selling entertainment products at UK retail in 2012, it has been revealed.
Both games sold more than 2.6 million units, beating Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises into third with sales of 1.69 million, according to Chart-Track and Official Charts Company data compiled by the Entertainment Retailers Association (Era).
The Twilight Saga - Breaking Dawn: Part One secured 1.5 million sales, while Emile Sande's Our Version of Events sold 1.44 million units.
Commenting on the figures, Entertainment Retailers Association boss Kim Bayley said that 2012 was a tough year for entertainment.
"2012 was a tough year for entertainment due to a number of factors, but this sharp 25% shrinkage in sales of the biggest titles suggests that the quality of releases was at least partly to blame, »
Similar News ItemsChristopher Nolan (I)
- Interstellar to Screen in Select Theaters Three Days Early? (From Collider.com. 30 September 2014, 8:33 PM, PDT)
- ‘Interstellar’ Opening Three Days Early in IMAX (From Slash Film. 30 September 2014, 4:45 PM, PDT)
- 'Interstellar', 'Big Hero 6' and 'John Wick' in Today's MPAA Ratings Bulletin (From Rope Of Silicon. 30 September 2014, 4:15 PM, PDT)
The Avengers (2012)
- Jeremy Renner Talks More About Avengers: Age Of Ultron and Captain America 3 (From GeekTyrant. 30 September 2014, 7:20 AM, PDT)
- Jeremy Renner Signed On For ‘The Avengers 3′ & ‘Hawkeye’ Spinoff (From Screen Rant. 30 September 2014, 4:58 AM, PDT)
- Jeremy Renner Says Marvel Wants a Hawkeye/Black Widow Film (From Worst Previews. 30 September 2014, 2:04 AM, PDT)
The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Top Cinematographers Offer Online Course on Filmmaking (From Variety - Film News. 30 September 2014, 10:49 AM, PDT)
- Editorial: The Top 10 Dark Knight Trilogy Moments (From ComicBookMovie. 30 September 2014, 7:10 AM, PDT)
- 10 Hated Movie Moments That Aren’t As Bad As You Think (From Obsessed with Film. 30 September 2014, 2:27 AM, PDT)