Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and FIFA 13 were the biggest-selling entertainment products at UK retail in 2012, it has been revealed.
Both games sold more than 2.6 million units, beating Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises into third with sales of 1.69 million, according to Chart-Track and Official Charts Company data compiled by the Entertainment Retailers Association (Era).
The Twilight Saga - Breaking Dawn: Part One secured 1.5 million sales, while Emile Sande's Our Version of Events sold 1.44 million units.
Commenting on the figures, Entertainment Retailers Association boss Kim Bayley said that 2012 was a tough year for entertainment.
"2012 was a tough year for entertainment due to a number of factors, but this sharp 25% shrinkage in sales of the biggest titles suggests that the quality of releases was at least partly to blame, »
Similar News ItemsChristopher Nolan (I)
- New Batman V Superman Promo Pic Shows All 3 Main Heroes In Action (From OnTheFlix. 7 July 2015, 2:13 PM, PDT)
- Is Terminator Genisys the worst blockbuster ever? (From Flickeringmyth. 6 July 2015, 2:57 PM, PDT)
- Marvel vs. DC, Ben Affleck Says DC Movies are a Little More "Realistic" and Less "Glib" (From Rope Of Silicon. 6 July 2015, 1:14 PM, PDT)
The Avengers (2012)
- Round-Up: Bitten Season 3 Details, Real Fake History, Pacific Rim: Tales From The Drift #1 Variant Cover (From DailyDead. 7 July 2015, 8:23 AM, PDT)
- Legendary Producer Jerry Weintraub Dies at 77 (From Variety - Film News. 6 July 2015, 2:22 PM, PDT)
- Legendary Producer Jerry Weintraub Dies at 77 (From Variety - TV News. 6 July 2015, 2:22 PM, PDT)
The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Han Solo and Darth Vader returning for more Star Wars movies (From Cineplex. 7 July 2015, 2:53 PM, PDT)
- Rumour: Darth Vader to appear in Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One (From Flickeringmyth. 7 July 2015, 2:01 PM, PDT)
- No New 'Star Wars: Force Awakens' Trailer Until Fall, Would You Pay to Watch It Todayc (From Rope Of Silicon. 6 July 2015, 3:37 PM, PDT)