Richard Linklater’s Before Midnight is the third film in the series, acting as a follow-up to Before Sunrise and Before Sunset, in which Celine (Julie Delpy) and Jesse (Ethan Hawke) spend another day in deep conversation and life musings. If you haven’t watched the first two films in this series, you should know that they are films almost entirely made up of conversations between the main characters, Celine and Jesse.
In Before Sunrise, audiences are treated to the first chance meeting of a young man and woman in Europe who spend a day getting to know each other and falling in love. The second film, Before Sunset, sees a decade-older Celine and Jesse getting re-acquainted and remembering old love. In this installment, it has been almost 20 years since Celine and Jesse have first met. They have grown older and now have two children together.
The film opens up in Greece, »
- Amy Curtis
Similar News ItemsEthan Hawke
- What Hollywood Gets Right (and So Wrong) About Staten Island (From Vulture. 30 July 2015, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Win Good Kill On Blu Ray (From Obsessed with Film. 29 July 2015, 6:53 AM, PDT)
- 'The Martian' and Michael Moore lead 2015 Toronto Film Festival selections (From Hitfix. 28 July 2015, 8:24 AM, PDT)
- The Conversation: Drew Morton and Landon Palmer Discuss ‘Paris, Texas’ (From SoundOnSight. 29 July 2015, 9:44 AM, PDT)
- Jennifer Lawrence Wants Boyhood Director For Her Next Movie (From Cinema Blend. 28 July 2015, 2:25 PM, PDT)
- Richard Linklater Might Direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project' (From Rope Of Silicon. 28 July 2015, 2:16 PM, PDT)
- Toronto 2015: First Wave Of Films Arrive, Vallée's Demolition To Open (From Twitch. 28 July 2015, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- Tiff 2015. Lineup (From MUBI. 28 July 2015, 10:40 AM, PDT)
- Bonus Podcast: 2015 Toronto Film Festival Lineup Reaction (From Rope Of Silicon. 28 July 2015, 10:27 AM, PDT)