A lot of people talk to themselves. Some find it comforting and reassuring, perhaps because the words being spoken out loud make the speaker feel less alone. Others see it as discomforting, a possible omen of mental instability.
In films, plots are often driven by dialogue. In the movie My Dinner with Andre, the dialogue between Wallace Shawn and his pal Andre is literally the only thing propelling (if you can call it that) the film forward.
Other times, it’s not merely a dialogue between two people which moves the plot forward, but a discourse among many. Just think of all the episodes of That 70′s Show as the camera spun around the table to show Eric, Kelso, Fez and Hyde stoned out of their minds talking about cars that run on water.
People don’t often talk to themselves in movies. Even movies of stranded and lonely protagonists like Cast Away, »
- Nick F
Similar News ItemsFrancis Ford Coppola
- Scribe review – paranoid thriller can't deliver on promising premise (From The Guardian - Film News. 21 July 2017, 12:00 AM, PDT)
- Class of 1987: Creatures of the Night – Tom Noonan, Duncan Regehr, Tom Woodruff Jr., Carl Thibault & Michael Reid MacKay on Becoming The Monster Squad (From DailyDead. 18 July 2017, 4:36 PM, PDT)
- John Toll to Receive Camerimage Lifetime Achievement Award (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 18 July 2017, 7:32 AM, PDT)
I Am Legend (2007)
- Video Highlights From Netflix’s ‘Bright’ Panel at the #Sdcc (From Bloody-Disgusting.com. 21 July 2017, 7:10 AM, PDT)
- George A Romero and the meaning of his zombies (From Den of Geek. 17 July 2017, 5:56 AM, PDT)
- R.I.P. Horror Legend George A. Romero: ‘Living Dead’ Director Dies At 77 (From The Hollywood News. 17 July 2017, 12:47 AM, PDT)
Apocalypse Now (1979)
- Kong: Skull Island 3-D (From Trailers from Hell. 22 July 2017, 10:23 AM, PDT)
- Film Club: War For The Planet Of The Apes wins over our resident Apes reboot skeptic (From The AV Club. 21 July 2017, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- ‘Dunkirk’ Box Office: Why It Stands Little Chance of Breaking War Movie Records (From Indiewire. 20 July 2017, 10:30 AM, PDT)