Duo's Saturday Night Takeaway on ITV attracts 7.2 million viewers, compared with 4.5 million for final of BBC1 charity show
It raised more than £1m for charity but the audience for BBC1's Let's Dance for Comic Relief took the ratings equivalent of a tumble on the dancefloor.
It was down from the 6.7 million (31.2%) who watched the return of the show for its current (fifth) series on 16 February, and barely half the 8 million viewers who watched the first final in 2009.
Let's Dance for Comic Relief, the last live show to be broadcast from within a studio at the BBC's TV Centre in west London, was not helped by going up against Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway on ITV.
Ant and Dec were joined by 7.2 million viewers, a 30.5% share, between 7pm and 8.20pm. »
- John Plunkett
Similar News ItemsChannel 4 [gb]
- Matt Berry: 'Most of what I do is inspired by things that frightened me' (From The Guardian - TV News. 16 March 2014, 11:50 AM, PDT)
- The Voice UK peaks at 7.7 million for first knockout round episode (From Digital Spy - TV news. 16 March 2014, 4:26 AM, PDT)
- Dermot O'Leary takes on our space quiz (From Digital Spy - TV news. 16 March 2014, 2:09 AM, PDT)
"Coronation Street" (1960)
- Corrie's Kym Marsh set for new contract (From Virgin Media - TV. 16 March 2014, 9:15 AM, PDT)
- Corrie's Lloyd Mullaney suffers heart attack (From Virgin Media - TV. 14 March 2014, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Charlie Condou: Marcus and Maria split 'inevitable' (From Virgin Media - TV. 13 March 2014, 2:15 AM, PDT)
Steve Jones (XV)
- Cheryl Cole Back On ‘The X Factor’ UK, Joining Simon Cowell (From Deadline TV. 10 March 2014, 4:01 PM, PDT)
- Steve Jones proud of X Factor USA role: 'My season was the best' (From Digital Spy - TV news. 25 February 2014, 6:09 AM, PST)
- Simon Cowell is coming home to UK X Factor: Judge return confirmed (From Digital Spy - TV news. 7 February 2014, 8:44 AM, PST)