Duo's Saturday Night Takeaway on ITV attracts 7.2 million viewers, compared with 4.5 million for final of BBC1 charity show
It raised more than £1m for charity but the audience for BBC1's Let's Dance for Comic Relief took the ratings equivalent of a tumble on the dancefloor.
It was down from the 6.7 million (31.2%) who watched the return of the show for its current (fifth) series on 16 February, and barely half the 8 million viewers who watched the first final in 2009.
Let's Dance for Comic Relief, the last live show to be broadcast from within a studio at the BBC's TV Centre in west London, was not helped by going up against Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway on ITV.
Ant and Dec were joined by 7.2 million viewers, a 30.5% share, between 7pm and 8.20pm. »
- John Plunkett
Similar News ItemsChannel 4 [gb]
- Liam Humphreys: Sex in Class is going to be the most marvellous culture clash (From The Guardian - TV News. 31 August 2014, 10:09 AM, PDT)
- The X Factor returns to more than 9 million viewers on ITV (From Digital Spy - TV news. 31 August 2014, 2:33 AM, PDT)
- Leslie's Celebrity Big Brother eviction watched by 1.81 million (From Digital Spy - TV news. 30 August 2014, 6:42 AM, PDT)
"Coronation Street" (1960)
- Catherine Tyldesley is engaged (From Virgin Media - TV. 31 August 2014, 9:15 AM, PDT)
- The X Factor: Simon Cowell blasts Strictly Come Dancing over clash (From Digital Spy - TV news. 28 August 2014, 4:01 PM, PDT)
- The X Factor, Strictly Come Dancing schedule clash defended by BBC (From Digital Spy - TV news. 28 August 2014, 9:42 AM, PDT)
Steve Jones (XV)
- Review: Plague World (From Shadowlocked. 17 August 2014, 2:39 PM, PDT)
- Jerry Jones -- The Dallas Cowboys Party … It's Just What We Do (From TMZ. 9 August 2014, 8:15 AM, PDT)
- Gethin Jones tells us 21 things about The 21st Question (From Digital Spy - TV news. 4 August 2014, 1:00 AM, PDT)