Duo's Saturday Night Takeaway on ITV attracts 7.2 million viewers, compared with 4.5 million for final of BBC1 charity show
It raised more than £1m for charity but the audience for BBC1's Let's Dance for Comic Relief took the ratings equivalent of a tumble on the dancefloor.
It was down from the 6.7 million (31.2%) who watched the return of the show for its current (fifth) series on 16 February, and barely half the 8 million viewers who watched the first final in 2009.
Let's Dance for Comic Relief, the last live show to be broadcast from within a studio at the BBC's TV Centre in west London, was not helped by going up against Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway on ITV.
Ant and Dec were joined by 7.2 million viewers, a 30.5% share, between 7pm and 8.20pm. »
- John Plunkett
Similar News ItemsChannel 4 [gb]
- TV highlights 12/12/13 (From The Guardian - TV News. 11 December 2013, 11:00 PM, PST)
- Flickering Myth at Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues' red carpet Live! (From Flickeringmyth. 11 December 2013, 12:40 PM, PST)
- BAFTA Awards: How Award-Winning Films Get the Support They Need (From Variety - Film News. 11 December 2013, 8:45 AM, PST)
"Coronation Street" (1960)
- Mark Wright: Michelle Keegan leaving Corrie with a 'bang' (From Virgin Media - TV. 12 December 2013, 1:15 AM, PST)
- West goes east: Timothy West to join EastEnders (From The Guardian - TV News. 11 December 2013, 4:05 PM, PST)
- Helen Flanagan wears sexy Santa outfit to back PETA campaign (From Virgin Media - TV. 11 December 2013, 8:15 AM, PST)
Steve Jones (XV)
- 'The X Factor' Jukebox week: Live blog (From Digital Spy - TV news. 30 November 2013, 11:30 AM, PST)
- The X Factor Top 12 Results Recap: Did the Right Acts Get Booted This Week? (From TVLine.com. 14 November 2013, 6:19 PM, PST)
- The X Factor Recap: Eighties Is Enough (From TVLine.com. 13 November 2013, 7:48 PM, PST)