Duo's Saturday Night Takeaway on ITV attracts 7.2 million viewers, compared with 4.5 million for final of BBC1 charity show
It raised more than £1m for charity but the audience for BBC1's Let's Dance for Comic Relief took the ratings equivalent of a tumble on the dancefloor.
It was down from the 6.7 million (31.2%) who watched the return of the show for its current (fifth) series on 16 February, and barely half the 8 million viewers who watched the first final in 2009.
Let's Dance for Comic Relief, the last live show to be broadcast from within a studio at the BBC's TV Centre in west London, was not helped by going up against Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway on ITV.
Ant and Dec were joined by 7.2 million viewers, a 30.5% share, between 7pm and 8.20pm. »
- John Plunkett
Similar News ItemsChannel 4 [gb]
- Jon Snow Gaza video backed by Channel 4 (From The Guardian - TV News. 31 July 2014, 8:36 AM, PDT)
- Ex-Hollyoaks stars to front gaming show for Red Bull TV channel (From Digital Spy - TV news. 31 July 2014, 2:51 AM, PDT)
- The Only Way Is Essex finale entertains over 700k on ITV2 (From Digital Spy - TV news. 31 July 2014, 2:47 AM, PDT)
"Coronation Street" (1960)
- Kym Marsh to move in with new toyboy lover? (From Virgin Media - TV. 31 July 2014, 2:15 AM, PDT)
- Catherine Tyldesley: Eva is more 'vulnerable' (From Virgin Media - TV. 30 July 2014, 9:15 AM, PDT)
- John Altman reprises bad boy Nick Cotten role in EastEnders (From Virgin Media - TV. 29 July 2014, 2:15 AM, PDT)
Steve Jones (XV)
- Steve Jones proud of 'best' X Factor USA season (From Virgin Media - TV. 2 May 2014, 2:15 AM, PDT)
- Cheryl Cole Back On ‘The X Factor’ UK, Joining Simon Cowell (From Deadline TV. 10 March 2014, 4:01 PM, PDT)
- Steve Jones proud of X Factor USA role: 'My season was the best' (From Digital Spy - TV news. 25 February 2014, 6:09 AM, PST)