When an actor who was worked with auteurs like J.J. Abrams, Stephen Soderberg and Terrence Malick signs up for a television series, it demands your attention. This year, Clifton Collins Jr. has selected ABC's Red Widow, a drama about one woman's descent into mob-madness following her husband's murder.
Collins plays James Ramos, an F.B.I. agent whose personal struggles could carry their own show, but is tasked with trying to keep the titular bereaved on the straight and narrow. ETonline caught up with Collins to find out what excites him about Red Widow's journey, what fans can expect from his role in this summer's monster mash-up Pacific Rim and why everyone will be talking about Terrence Malick's new movie, in which Collins co-stars with Michael Fassbender, Ryan Gosling and Natalie Portman.
ETonline: What attracted you to Red Widow?
Clifton Collins Jr: A combination of two things: the authenticity of how the piece was written »
Similar News ItemsJ.J. Abrams
- Comedy’s Comeback: Networks Push Boundaries with Bold New Half-Hours (From Variety - TV News. 30 August 2016, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- First Look: Miley Cyrus In Woody Allen’s Amazon Series ‘Crisis In Six Scenes’ (From The Playlist. 30 August 2016, 9:49 AM, PDT)
- Anthony Hopkins Saddles Up In Eerie New Trailer For HBO’s Westworld Series (From We Got This Covered. 30 August 2016, 7:33 AM, PDT)
- Alicia Vikander's E!Q in 42 Made Us Hungry (From E! Online. 30 August 2016, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Michael Fassbender Says ‘Covenant’ Will Have “That Imminent Sort Of Disaster Feel That ‘Alien’ Had” (From The Playlist. 29 August 2016, 1:34 PM, PDT)
- Michael Fassbender Continues To Drum Up Alien: Covenant’s Scare Factor, Promises “Massive Scope” (From We Got This Covered. 29 August 2016, 1:06 PM, PDT)
- Natalie Portman Reveals Why Her 5-Year-Old Son Hasn’t Seen ‘Star Wars’ (From ET Canada. 29 August 2016, 6:33 PM, PDT)
- Natalie Portman Won’t Show Her Kid the ‘Star Wars’ Prequels (But Not Because They’re Bad) (From Slash Film. 29 August 2016, 3:30 PM, PDT)
- Venice Film Festival 2016: When It Starts and What to Watch Out For (From PEOPLE.com. 29 August 2016, 12:00 PM, PDT)