Hollywood stars lose weight for a role, as it shows their commitment to the part. Could that be the same reason so many British brides go on a pre-wedding diet?
To win an Oscar, actors often have to lose a bit of themselves. The meat around their hips, frequently, and the flesh under their chin. The 25lb Anne Hathaway lost – sorry, hang on – "lost" is the wrong word; it implies carelessness. The 25lb she sent away, like old dogs to a farm. The pounds she aborted, burned, shrank for the part in Les Misérables that last month won her an award for best supporting actress, the pounds she excreted by eating only, she told Vogue, "two thin squares of dried oatmeal paste a day", showed her commitment to the role. And this commitment to the role, in part, won her the award.
Actors change their bodies because it's the one »
- Eva Wiseman
Similar News ItemsAnne Hathaway
- The Snap: Why We're Thankful for Beyonce, Nph, and More (From Hitfix. 27 November 2014, 5:00 AM, PST)
- 'Catwoman' Covers "Elle" (From SneakPeek. 26 November 2014, 9:12 PM, PST)
- Review: Interstellar (From Pure Movies. 25 November 2014, 9:14 AM, PST)
- What Movie Have You Watched the Most? The Hitfix Staff Answers (From Hitfix. 27 November 2014, 6:00 AM, PST)
- Ellen DeGeneres Becomes Anastasia Steele in This 50 Shades of Grey Movie Parody (From TVovermind.com. 26 November 2014, 1:01 PM, PST)
- Nicole Kidman and Reese Witherspoon to star in Big Little Lies (From Flickeringmyth. 26 November 2014, 10:06 AM, PST)
Dallas Buyers Club (2013)
- Amazon Black Friday Week Deals: Nov. 27th (From Dark Horizons. 27 November 2014, 10:05 AM, PST)
- Oscars 2015 nominations: 10 early frontrunners for Best Picture (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 26 November 2014, 9:00 AM, PST)
- Win Passes to An Advance Screening of Wild (From CinemaNerdz. 26 November 2014, 8:11 AM, PST)