Hollywood stars lose weight for a role, as it shows their commitment to the part. Could that be the same reason so many British brides go on a pre-wedding diet?
To win an Oscar, actors often have to lose a bit of themselves. The meat around their hips, frequently, and the flesh under their chin. The 25lb Anne Hathaway lost – sorry, hang on – "lost" is the wrong word; it implies carelessness. The 25lb she sent away, like old dogs to a farm. The pounds she aborted, burned, shrank for the part in Les Misérables that last month won her an award for best supporting actress, the pounds she excreted by eating only, she told Vogue, "two thin squares of dried oatmeal paste a day", showed her commitment to the role. And this commitment to the role, in part, won her the award.
Actors change their bodies because it's the one »
- Eva Wiseman
Similar News ItemsAnne Hathaway
- Dirty Grandpa Red-Band Trailer: This Movie Will Likely Give You an Unrealistic View of What Crack Does (From Vulture. 19 November 2015, 10:48 AM, PST)
- 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies' Poster Unleashes an Undead Army (From MovieWeb. 19 November 2015, 8:37 AM, PST)
- Trailer for Keanu Reeves' Exposed Thriller (From Worst Previews. 19 November 2015, 1:42 AM, PST)
- Star-Lord's Dad Revealed in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2'? (From MovieWeb. 24 November 2015, 10:48 AM, PST)
- "Spotlight" Director Tom McCarthy to Receive Sonny Bono Visionary Award at 27th Annual Psiff Awards Gala (From Manny the Movie Guy. 24 November 2015, 10:08 AM, PST)
- In Praise of Adele, My Fat, Flawless Heroine (From Vulture. 24 November 2015, 6:56 AM, PST)
Dallas Buyers Club (2013)
- Paramount wants Martin Scorsese for Evel Knievel biopic (From Flickeringmyth. 25 November 2015, 5:30 PM, PST)
- 'Evel Knievel' Biopic May Reunite Scorsese and 'Departed' Writer (From MovieWeb. 24 November 2015, 2:03 PM, PST)
- New Cover Of Empire Shows Off Leto’s Joker (From FilmReview.com. 24 November 2015, 8:50 AM, PST)