Hollywood stars lose weight for a role, as it shows their commitment to the part. Could that be the same reason so many British brides go on a pre-wedding diet?
To win an Oscar, actors often have to lose a bit of themselves. The meat around their hips, frequently, and the flesh under their chin. The 25lb Anne Hathaway lost – sorry, hang on – "lost" is the wrong word; it implies carelessness. The 25lb she sent away, like old dogs to a farm. The pounds she aborted, burned, shrank for the part in Les Misérables that last month won her an award for best supporting actress, the pounds she excreted by eating only, she told Vogue, "two thin squares of dried oatmeal paste a day", showed her commitment to the role. And this commitment to the role, in part, won her the award.
Actors change their bodies because it's the one »
- Eva Wiseman
Similar News ItemsAnne Hathaway
- Time Machine: Burton and Bonham Carter Sporting Matching Hairdos on the Oscars' Red Carpet (From Alt Film Guide. 24 April 2015, 7:44 PM, PDT)
- Time Machine: Nolan and Producer-Wife Following 'Inception' 'Snub' (From Alt Film Guide. 24 April 2015, 6:45 PM, PDT)
- Watch Terry Crews Punch Out Mike Tyson on 'Lip Sync Battle' (From Rolling Stone. 24 April 2015, 9:56 AM, PDT)
- Time Machine: Veterans Wallach and Coppola - Godfather 3 in Common - Are Special Oscar Honorees (From Alt Film Guide. 24 April 2015, 12:28 PM, PDT)
- New images from The Free State of Jones starring Matthew McConaughey (From Flickeringmyth. 24 April 2015, 6:51 AM, PDT)
- "The Martian" Footage Wows CinemaCon (From Dark Horizons. 23 April 2015, 3:13 PM, PDT)
Dallas Buyers Club (2013)
- Jared Leto Is Terrifying as the Joker in Suicide Squad—See the New Photo That Will Haunt Your Nightmares! (From E! Online. 25 April 2015, 12:09 PM, PDT)
- First Look at Jared Leto as The Joker from Suicide Squad! (From Worst Previews. 25 April 2015, 6:23 AM, PDT)
- David Ayer reveals Jared Leto’s Joker from Suicide Squad (From Flickeringmyth. 25 April 2015, 12:15 AM, PDT)