The 46-year-old told the Sun that she found TV stardom so tough to handle that she used to lock herself indoors with the curtains drawn for up to a week.
The anxiety attacks were worsened by racial abuse by internet trolls and by being having so little money despite her job she struggled to pay the bills.
The actress, who needed two counsellors to cope up with her depression, even hinted that she also thought of ending it all.
- Amith Ostwal
Similar News Items"Coronation Street" (1960)
- Competition: Win sci-fi thriller ‘Arcadia’ on DVD (From Blogomatic3000. 20 October 2016, 1:43 PM, PDT)
- Theatre Review: Chicago (UK Tour) (From The Hollywood News. 19 October 2016, 9:20 PM, PDT)
- Exclusive clip from sci-fi thriller ‘Arcadia’ (From Blogomatic3000. 18 October 2016, 9:40 AM, PDT)
- Designer Raishma Islam launches her dynamic new shopping experience online (From Bollyspice. 1 May 2014, 7:03 AM, PDT)
- Soaps need to represent East Asian communities, says Labour MP (From Digital Spy - TV news. 10 April 2014, 12:53 PM, PDT)
- Coleen Nolan, Kaye Adams return to 'Loose Women' (From Digital Spy - TV news. 3 October 2013, 3:33 AM, PDT)