Al Gore may not have invented the Internet, but here at SXSW Interactive, he may as well have considering his returning-hero greeting (even being, ahem, accidentally introduced as "former president"). The former Vice President made his second appearance in a row at the massive tech gathering in Austin, Texas.
This year, he was booked to discuss no less a topic than "The Future," which is fair enough since he can at least be credited with seeing the Internet's potential, but spent most of his time talking about the present.
The peg was his book "The Future: Six Drivers of Global Change," but his focus on the current fact that "Our country is in very serious trouble" and the relayed a litany of problems, ranging from "hacked" democracy and income inequality to loss of privacy and spider goats. (I'll get to that.)
"The NRA is a complete fraud because it is financed by the gun manufacturers, »
- The Huffington Post Canada
Similar News ItemsRupert Murdoch
- Evgeny Lebedev: 'Russia is not a homophobic country' (From The Guardian - TV News. 15 March 2014, 6:20 AM, PDT)
- Hacking Trial: Rebekah Brooks' Defense Wraps Up Arguments (From The Hollywood Reporter. 13 March 2014, 2:35 PM, PDT)
- Rupert Murdoch inducted into TV Academy's Hall of Fame (From RealBollywood. 13 March 2014, 2:49 AM, PDT)
Current TV [us]
- Fullscreen Hires Former Viacom, Demand Media Execs to Make More Money and Shows (From The Wrap. 5 March 2014, 3:41 PM, PST)
- Fullscreen Beefs Up Executive Team With New Cro And Head Of Content (From Tubefilter News. 5 March 2014, 12:52 PM, PST)
- 'Network' Meets the Future, as Olbermann Takes on Itzkoff (From Thompson on Hollywood. 20 February 2014, 12:44 PM, PST)
- Watch Ted Cruz and Rand Paul Quote Ronald Reagan at Each Other (From Mediaite - TV. 9 March 2014, 9:25 AM, PDT)
- 'Hillary Papers' Reveal Clinton's Private Thoughts on Monica Lewinsky Affair (From PEOPLE.com. 11 February 2014, 11:45 AM, PST)
- Rand Paul and Ted Cruz Tell Hannity Gop is ‘All One Big Happy Family Now’ (From Mediaite - TV. 29 January 2014, 7:42 PM, PST)