This week's episode of "Saturday Night Live" brings back Justin Timberlake as both the host and the musical guest, for his fifth appearance on the show. To commemorate the milestone, Timberlake apparently asked the "SNL" writers to revisit a 1990 skit, "The Five-Timers Club."
On December 8, 1990, Tom Hanks appeared as a host for the fifth time. During his monologue, he held up a card. "The fifth time you do the show is the most special time of all, because you get this," he said. "A membership card in the Five-Timers Club. Come with me... I'm gonna give you a chance to look in on one of the most exclusive clubs in the world."
Looks like tonight's episode will have another meeting of the Five-Timers Club, to welcome Timberlake to its ranks. »
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Zach Galifianakis Is Heading Back to TV With Help From Louis C.K. (From Vulture. 27 August 2014, 2:45 PM, PDT)
- FX Orders Zach Galifianakis Comedy Baskets to Series; Co-Created by Galifainakis, Louis C.K., and Jonathan Krisel (From Collider.com. 27 August 2014, 2:04 PM, PDT)
- FX Orders Zach Galifianakis Clown Comedy Baskets to Series (From TVLine.com. 27 August 2014, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- Justin Timberlake Parties Solo After Concert in Paris—Get All the Details! (From E! Online. 26 August 2014, 4:37 PM, PDT)
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Gets Labor Day Marathon on TV Land (From Variety - TV News. 26 August 2014, 10:21 AM, PDT)
- Bill Hader Calls Justin Bieber One of the Worst 'SNL' Guest Hosts Ever (From Entertainment Tonight. 26 August 2014, 9:49 AM, PDT)
- Fxx's Every Simpsons Ever Marathon: Day 8 - HitFix Picks (From Hitfix. 27 August 2014, 8:00 PM, PDT)
- Win Run-Of-Engagement Passes To See Forrest Gump in IMAX in St. Louis (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 27 August 2014, 5:08 PM, PDT)
- Scooter Braun & Wife Expecting Baby (From Access Hollywood. 27 August 2014, 2:34 PM, PDT)