This week's episode of "Saturday Night Live" brings back Justin Timberlake as both the host and the musical guest, for his fifth appearance on the show. To commemorate the milestone, Timberlake apparently asked the "SNL" writers to revisit a 1990 skit, "The Five-Timers Club."
On December 8, 1990, Tom Hanks appeared as a host for the fifth time. During his monologue, he held up a card. "The fifth time you do the show is the most special time of all, because you get this," he said. "A membership card in the Five-Timers Club. Come with me... I'm gonna give you a chance to look in on one of the most exclusive clubs in the world."
Looks like tonight's episode will have another meeting of the Five-Timers Club, to welcome Timberlake to its ranks. »
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Wme Signs Playwright/Scribe Jay Reiss (From Deadline New York. 16 April 2014, 8:43 AM, PDT)
- TV Review: Billy Crystal’s ’700 Sundays’ (From Variety - TV News. 16 April 2014, 7:15 AM, PDT)
- Rom-Com With A Twist In ‘Obvious Child’ Trailer (From The Hollywood News. 15 April 2014, 11:27 PM, PDT)
- Why Pharrell Is Even More Fascinating Than You Thought (From Popsugar. 15 April 2014, 2:20 PM, PDT)
- 15 Pharrell Hits You Didn't Even Know He Made (From BuzzSugar. 15 April 2014, 12:22 PM, PDT)
- 5 ’90s Pop Stars Who Took Up Acting as a Second Job (From FilmSchoolRejects. 15 April 2014, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- Jennifer Lawrence’s ‘East Of Eden’ May Be Two Movies (From The Hollywood News. 14 April 2014, 2:05 PM, PDT)
- Draft Day review (From Den of Geek. 14 April 2014, 3:05 AM, PDT)
- German audiences look to YouTube stars for comedy fix (From The Guardian - TV News. 13 April 2014, 7:41 AM, PDT)