Directed by Chan-wook Park.
After India's father dies, her Uncle Charlie, who she never knew existed, comes to live with her and her unstable mother. She comes to suspect this mysterious, charming man has ulterior motives and becomes increasingly infatuated with him.
The English debut feature from Oldboy director Chan-wook Park has a lot going for it as far a style and technique is concerned, but this cast and crew deserve a better film to showcase their talents than what Stoker ultimately ends up being.
In fact there is so much to recommend in Stoker to anyone who appreciates and revels in watching a director tell their story, and the film is a minor masterpiece of independent film making during its first hour. The story is so dark, tense, and saturated in repressed sexual »
- Flickering Myth
Similar News ItemsNicole Kidman
- Watch: Sofia Coppola’s First Film ‘Lick the Star’ Flirts With Cliques, Punk Music and Growing Up (From Indiewire. 28 June 2016, 3:46 PM, PDT)
- ‘The Family Fang’ Exclusive Clip: Jason Bateman & Nicole Kidman Star As Children of Famous Performance Artists (From Indiewire. 27 June 2016, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Krysty Wilson-Cairns to pen screenplay for The Voyeur's Motel by Anne-Katrin Titze - 2016-06-27 16:10:33 (From eyeforfilm.co.uk. 27 June 2016, 8:10 AM, PDT)
- Mia Wasikowska Dazzled In Cavalli Couture At ‘Alice Through The Looking Glass’ Tokyo Premiere (From Uinterview. 22 June 2016, 12:49 PM, PDT)
- What Was Your Favorite Anton Yelchin Performance? — CriticWire Survey (From Indiewire. 20 June 2016, 8:13 AM, PDT)
- Where Did 'Alice Through the Looking Glass' Go Wrong? (From Rolling Stone. 31 May 2016, 3:02 PM, PDT)
- Atlanta Now Casting: CBS Series ‘MacGyver’ and More Auditions (From Backstage. 27 June 2016, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- Japanese X-Men: Apocalypse trailer features a post-credits appearance from Deadpool (From Flickeringmyth. 25 June 2016, 2:57 PM, PDT)
- Unused X-Men: Apocalypse concept art for Cyclops, Mystique and En Sabah Nur (From Flickeringmyth. 24 June 2016, 4:45 AM, PDT)