Guy Ritchie is the most likely contender to direct the next James Bond film, according to bookmakers William Hill.
Following the news that Sam Mendes will not return to direct Bond 24, there has been widespread speculation about who could direct next.
Ritchie, who most recently directed Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, was named the 4/1 favourite by William Hill.
Casino Royale director Martin Campbell, who also directed Pierce Brosnan's first Bond outing GoldenEye, was the second favourite with 9/1, while Martin Scorsese and Steven Spielberg were next in line with 9/1 and 10/1 odds respectively.
The top ten contenders were listed as follows:
> Bond »
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Cannes 2013 roundup | Tom Lamont (From The Guardian - Film News. 19 May 2013, 12:15 AM, PDT)
- Simon Pegg Joins Kill Me Three Times (From We Got This Covered. 18 May 2013, 4:29 PM, PDT)
- Trailer Trash Cannes (From The Guardian - Film News. 18 May 2013, 4:12 PM, PDT)
Robert Downey Jr.
- Star Trek Into Darkness Powers Up $22 Million Friday Box Office Haul (From TheHDRoom. 18 May 2013, 9:23 PM, PDT)
- The Week in Spandex - Man of Steel, The Avengers 2, Iron Man 3, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Justice League, Booster Gold, Wonder Woman, The Incredibles 2 and more (From Flickeringmyth. 18 May 2013, 4:23 PM, PDT)
- Who’s Joining Marvel’s Phase Three? Ant-Man, Inhumans, Doctor Strange And More (From We Got This Covered. 18 May 2013, 1:48 PM, PDT)
James Cameron (I)
- Box office: 'Iron Man 3' crosses $1 billion mark worldwide (From Hitfix. 17 May 2013, 1:29 PM, PDT)
- Iron Man 3 Crosses The $1 Billion Mark In 23 Days (From Cinema Blend. 17 May 2013, 10:21 AM, PDT)
- 5 Movie Mistakes Caused By CGI (From Obsessed with Film. 17 May 2013, 5:22 AM, PDT)