Guy Ritchie is the most likely contender to direct the next James Bond film, according to bookmakers William Hill.
Following the news that Sam Mendes will not return to direct Bond 24, there has been widespread speculation about who could direct next.
Ritchie, who most recently directed Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, was named the 4/1 favourite by William Hill.
Casino Royale director Martin Campbell, who also directed Pierce Brosnan's first Bond outing GoldenEye, was the second favourite with 9/1, while Martin Scorsese and Steven Spielberg were next in line with 9/1 and 10/1 odds respectively.
The top ten contenders were listed as follows:
> Bond »
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- ITV, Amazon Team Up on New ‘Vanity Fair’ Adaptation With Olivia Cooke (From Variety - TV News. 28 June 2017, 3:32 AM, PDT)
- ‘Superman: Red Son’: Warner Bros. Pitching Directors On A Live Action Adaptation Of The Soviet Union-Set Comic (From Indiewire. 27 June 2017, 8:27 AM, PDT)
- Paul De Rolf, Choreographer for 'Petticoat Junction' and Spielberg's '1941,' Dies at 74 (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 26 June 2017, 6:58 PM, PDT)
Robert Downey Jr.
- Spider-Man Surprises Unwitting Customers at Coffee Shop: Watch the Prankster Swoop In! (From PEOPLE.com. 27 June 2017, 1:07 PM, PDT)
- ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Set Photos Show off Iron Man’s New Armor (From Collider.com. 27 June 2017, 9:26 AM, PDT)
- Newswire: Tom Holland confirms that Peter Parker is actually in Iron Man 2 (From The AV Club. 26 June 2017, 1:58 PM, PDT)
- Brad Pitt in Thelma and Louise: Inside the Making of One of Hollywood’s Steamiest Sex Scenes (From PEOPLE.com. 27 June 2017, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- Ridley Scott’s ‘All the Money in the World’ Sold to Lucky Red for Italy (From Variety - Film News. 26 June 2017, 8:07 AM, PDT)
- Watch Now: New trailer for Albert Pyun’s ‘Interstellar Civil War’ (From Blogomatic3000. 26 June 2017, 5:31 AM, PDT)