Guy Ritchie is the most likely contender to direct the next James Bond film, according to bookmakers William Hill.
Following the news that Sam Mendes will not return to direct Bond 24, there has been widespread speculation about who could direct next.
Ritchie, who most recently directed Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, was named the 4/1 favourite by William Hill.
Casino Royale director Martin Campbell, who also directed Pierce Brosnan's first Bond outing GoldenEye, was the second favourite with 9/1, while Martin Scorsese and Steven Spielberg were next in line with 9/1 and 10/1 odds respectively.
The top ten contenders were listed as follows:
> Bond »
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Top 5 Movie Cars of All Time (From HeyUGuys. 8 March 2014, 3:00 AM, PST)
- 10 Stories You Might Have Missed: 'Fifty Shades' producer not yet in sequel mode (From Hitfix. 7 March 2014, 10:41 PM, PST)
- International Women's Day, 1982 Rulez: this week's new film events (From The Guardian - Film News. 7 March 2014, 10:00 PM, PST)
Robert Downey Jr.
- Review: Jon Favreau serves up laughs and tears with his new film 'Chef' (From Hitfix. 8 March 2014, 3:00 AM, PST)
- SXSW Film Review: ‘Chef’ (From Variety - Film News. 8 March 2014, 12:15 AM, PST)
- The Week in Spandex - Batman vs. Superman, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, The Avengers: Age of Ultron, Watchmen, Gotham, Arrow, The Flash and more (From Flickeringmyth. 7 March 2014, 11:57 PM, PST)
James Cameron (I)
- "Terminator: Genesis" Updates (From SneakPeek. 5 March 2014, 4:39 AM, PST)
- The Latest on ‘Terminator: Genesis’ (From LatinoReview. 4 March 2014, 2:37 AM, PST)
- DeGeneres' Star-Studded Selfie, Oscarcast Are Both Major Hits (From Alt Film Guide. 3 March 2014, 6:18 PM, PST)