Guy Ritchie is the most likely contender to direct the next James Bond film, according to bookmakers William Hill.
Following the news that Sam Mendes will not return to direct Bond 24, there has been widespread speculation about who could direct next.
Ritchie, who most recently directed Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, was named the 4/1 favourite by William Hill.
Casino Royale director Martin Campbell, who also directed Pierce Brosnan's first Bond outing GoldenEye, was the second favourite with 9/1, while Martin Scorsese and Steven Spielberg were next in line with 9/1 and 10/1 odds respectively.
The top ten contenders were listed as follows:
> Bond »
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- ‘Interstellar’ Looks to Join a Short List of Space-Related Films to Garner Best Picture Oscar Noms (From Scott Feinberg. 31 October 2014, 12:31 PM, PDT)
- Podcast: Reviewing 'Nightcrawler' & 'Dear White People', Marvel's Movie Onslaught and a Screening Horror Story (From Rope Of Silicon. 31 October 2014, 8:45 AM, PDT)
- Private Peaceful | Review (From ioncinema. 31 October 2014, 8:00 AM, PDT)
Robert Downey Jr.
- Britannia Awards Are Popular Stop on Awards Circuit (From Thompson on Hollywood. 31 October 2014, 2:27 PM, PDT)
- 'Avengers 2' and Joss Whedon Earn Praise from Robert Downey Jr. (From MovieWeb. 31 October 2014, 1:27 PM, PDT)
- Fan Made: Poster For Captain America: Civil War (From ComicBookMovie. 31 October 2014, 12:51 PM, PDT)
James Cameron (I)
- Oscars: 134 Pics Vie For Best Feature Documentary (From Deadline New York. 31 October 2014, 1:23 PM, PDT)
- 134 Documentary Features To Vie for Oscar (From Variety - Film News. 31 October 2014, 1:22 PM, PDT)
- More than 100 Documentary Features Up for the 87th Academy Awards (From Alt Film Guide. 31 October 2014, 1:18 PM, PDT)