Guy Ritchie is the most likely contender to direct the next James Bond film, according to bookmakers William Hill.
Following the news that Sam Mendes will not return to direct Bond 24, there has been widespread speculation about who could direct next.
Ritchie, who most recently directed Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, was named the 4/1 favourite by William Hill.
Casino Royale director Martin Campbell, who also directed Pierce Brosnan's first Bond outing GoldenEye, was the second favourite with 9/1, while Martin Scorsese and Steven Spielberg were next in line with 9/1 and 10/1 odds respectively.
The top ten contenders were listed as follows:
> Bond »
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- ‘Bridge Of Spies’ Review: Spielberg, Hanks & The Coen Brothers Team For Landmark Cold War Thriller (From Deadline. 6 October 2015, 2:59 PM, PDT)
- Will Steven Spielberg make Oscar history with 'Bridge of Spies?' (From Gold Derby. 6 October 2015, 1:27 PM, PDT)
- Bridge Of Spies Was Almost Made In 1965, Would Have Starred These Film Icons (From Cinema Blend. 6 October 2015, 12:55 PM, PDT)
Robert Downey Jr.
- 'Civil War' Art Shows Ant-Man, War Machine, Black Panther and More (From MovieWeb. 6 October 2015, 8:36 PM, PDT)
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wants Women in Hollywood to Make As Much As Robert Downey Jr. Does (From Vulture. 6 October 2015, 11:52 AM, PDT)
- How Women in Hollywood Are Finally Taking a Stand Against Sexism (From Variety - Film News. 6 October 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
James Cameron (I)
- Jim Gianopulos to Receive Producers Guild’s Milestone Award (From Variety - Film News. 6 October 2015, 10:26 AM, PDT)
- Producers Guild Honors Fox Chairman Jim Gianopulos with Milestone Award (From Thompson on Hollywood. 6 October 2015, 10:21 AM, PDT)
- Fox’s Jim Gianopulos to Receive Producers Guild’s Milestone Award (From The Wrap. 6 October 2015, 9:52 AM, PDT)