Guy Ritchie is the most likely contender to direct the next James Bond film, according to bookmakers William Hill.
Following the news that Sam Mendes will not return to direct Bond 24, there has been widespread speculation about who could direct next.
Ritchie, who most recently directed Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, was named the 4/1 favourite by William Hill.
Casino Royale director Martin Campbell, who also directed Pierce Brosnan's first Bond outing GoldenEye, was the second favourite with 9/1, while Martin Scorsese and Steven Spielberg were next in line with 9/1 and 10/1 odds respectively.
The top ten contenders were listed as follows:
> Bond »
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Jurassic World 2 Producer Talks Bigger, Better Dinosaur Scenes (From MovieWeb. 29 July 2016, 1:41 PM, PDT)
- Watch: Steven Spielberg’s Short War Film ‘Escape to Nowhere’ From 1961 (From Indiewire. 29 July 2016, 11:17 AM, PDT)
- Steven Spielberg’s ‘Ready Player One’ Casts Young Newcomer Philip Zhou (From Deadline. 29 July 2016, 8:29 AM, PDT)
Robert Downey Jr.
- Avengers: Infinity War No Longer 2 Movies, Avengers 4 Now Untitled (From MovieWeb. 29 July 2016, 7:13 PM, PDT)
- Marvel’s ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Will be One Movie, Not Two (From Variety - Film News. 29 July 2016, 5:30 PM, PDT)
- Is Spider-Man: Homecoming Bringing in Black Widow? (From MovieWeb. 29 July 2016, 4:44 PM, PDT)
- Michael Fassbender says Alien: Covenant is “much scarier than Prometheus” (From Flickeringmyth. 28 July 2016, 8:16 AM, PDT)
- The Walking Dead star Lennie James joins Blade Runner 2 (From The Hollywood News. 26 July 2016, 11:52 PM, PDT)
- The Walking Dead's Lennie James joins the cast of Blade Runner 2 (From JoBlo. 26 July 2016, 5:35 PM, PDT)